Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • Woby_Tide
    • 5th Nov 07, 8:52 PM
    • 5th Nov 07, 8:52 PM
    are you not confusing it with the free gas for a year offer if you take one of their (expensively installed) boilers?
    • ic
    • By ic 6th Nov 07, 12:16 PM
    • 2,282 Posts
    • 1,166 Thanks
    ic
    • 6th Nov 07, 12:16 PM
    • 6th Nov 07, 12:16 PM
    There's a government scheme - www.warmfront.co.uk - that will pay 2700 towards cavity wall insulation, loft insulation and a central heating system if you qualify. My grandparents have qualified, as they receive attendance allowance and pension credit.

They will only fit a central heating system if the existing main heating system does not work, or simply there isn't one. On one side my grandparents gas fires have been disconnected due to leaking chimneys - so they no longer have a main heating system. On the other side my other grandma had a mix of gas fires, storage heaters and fan heaters - but crucially no heating in her bedroom or bathroom, so she also qualified for a full system.

If you do have a main system that is broken, they'll fix or replace it. If you have a system that works but is old, they won't touch it. They'll fit a maximum of five radiators that cover the main living areas.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

670Posts Today

6,198Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• RT @MoneySavingExp: If you're affected by the #HSBC payments glitch, here's what you need to do (more to follow, when we get it): http://t.?

• Follow Martin