Will monthly payments show on Credit Score

I am going to book a holiday its costly £1000. I want to pay it off over 3 months.

I am also looking to get a mortgage and wondered whether this will show as new debt on my credit report?

Comments

• Paying on a credit card? Yes.

Paying a tour operator? No.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Your credit report isn't a full financial report. Its just a record of credit you have had or have available to you.

However as part of your mortgage application you'll likely have to provide bank statements and a overview of your outgoings. Mortgage lenders don't make decisions based on your credit score (the only person who sees your credit score is you and lenders can have different criteria). Mortgage lenders tend to make decisions based on affordability - how much credit you currently have available, how much you're looking to borrow versus how much you can afford to pay back.

If you think you might struggle to get a mortgage then perhaps look at what credit accounts you have open and if there are any you don't use (perhaps a catalogue account or old credit card), then close them.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure