Paying too much

Options
I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post.
Yesterday I managed to search comparison sites as suggested on this site. The great news is that I've saved £300 a year. Fantastic!!
However, I know it's my own fault for not checking sooner but due to various illnesses and issues I didn't check.
I'm wondering if there's any possibility I'd be able to claim back the money I've obviously been overpaying?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    No.

You haven't been overpaying.

You've been paying the agreed price between you and the supplier.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    durali wrote: »
    However, I know it's my own fault for not checking sooner but due to various illnesses and issues I didn't check.
    I'm wondering if there's any possibility I'd be able to claim back the money I've obviously been overpaying?

Are you saying you didn't check your bank statement and have now discovered the overpayment?

If so contact your Bank (if you paid by direct debit) and use the DD guarantee to get the overpayment refunded.

If you used another method to pay then contact the insurer and point out the overpayment and ask for a refund

(But if you started this thread because you have had an eyeopener on how to shop around for cheaper insurance and discovered a saving, then no chance of getting any previous premiums paid refunded because you think you could have gone elsewhere cheaper)
  • Reardoa
    Reardoa Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    Unless you are within a 14 day cooling off period with your current insurer and you want to cancel simply because you have found a cheaper alternative its very unlikely they will agree a return
  • mgfvvc
    mgfvvc Posts: 1,180 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If you are saying that you have changed to a cheaper policy on renewal and you want to reclaim some of the premium from the precious policy then the answer is no.

They might have price matched when you bought or renewed the policy, but only then. A year later, they won't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure