Differing advice on moving meters

I am drowning in advice from so called 'builders' and don't know who to believe. I have got quotes for a garage conversion into part garage storage and part utility with downstairs toilet and shower. The problem seems to be the gas and water meter which are placed on either side of the walls. Some builders have said they will box these meters in, one even said he would box it in in the shower room (even I know this is not good) but one has now said you shouldn't box the meters in at all. If I have to have them moved, I will use the correct people but have been warned it is very expensive to get them moved. How can the experts give such conflicting advice?:eek:

Comments

• C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,654 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Is the current garage single skinned brick and if so,are they going to built internal breeze brick walls to form a cavity?

some pics would be useful.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • ecclesto
    ecclesto Posts: 272 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The garage is an integral one and both of the walls where the meters are situated, are inside walls. they were going to build a breeze block wall to separate the storage from the utility. I will try and post photos.
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    ecclesto wrote: »
    but one has now said you shouldn't box the meters in at all......

Hmmm

Both our meters are in proprietary boxes - one wall mounted and one floor mounted.

Expert advice - don't you just love it! :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport