30 hr chilcare review?

Options
i will keep it brief my daughter was placed with me in my care by local authorities
she started nursery near me january 2018, 30 hour started at her nursery and to be included i had to earn £120 a week.it was (100) a week previously i was getting self employed ,so i had words with bloke i work for and managed to squeeze extra from him starting jan 18,however i got msg
things were fine first time application now i got msg
Important: 30 hours free childcare will be stopped for daughter

Unfortunately, our checks have shown that you're no longer eligible for 30 hours free childcare for daughter because:

• from the evidence we hold we have decided that you don't have a reasonable expectation of earning at least Ôö£ ®Ôö¼ 6240 this tax year

However, you may still be able to access 30 hours free childcare for a short period, known as a grace period. You can check what your grace period arrangements are with your childcare provider.

You can still access the 15 hour universal early education entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds.

For information on eligibility, go to.

What happens next

Your childcare provider and local authority will be told that you no longer meet the requirements for 30 hours free childcare for Daughter

If you don't agree with our decision

Check the details you entered on your application are correct, you can do this in your childcare service account. If you entered the wrong information, and still want to apply for 30 hours free childcare, you can make a new application.

However, if the information on your application was correct, and you've checked you meet the eligibility criteria, you can ask for the decision to be looked at again by requesting a Mandatory Review.

You'll need to do this in writing within 30 days, and include:

• your name, address and child's full name

• reasons why you think our decision is wrong

• the words 'Mandatory Review' in the title of your letter

Send your letter to: The childcare service, HMRC, BX9 1GR

We may ask you to supply original copies of evidence to support your Mandatory Review. If your Mandatory Review is rejected, you have the right of appeal to a tribunal.

Mandatory Review is there a standard letter to send as i have invoices stating ive earned the required 120 and statements to back this up i rang them they said write letter your income expectations are not reasonable
any help please

Comments

• courtchamp
    courtchamp Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    no as i already stated i was 100 per week not every week as some weeks i was off for holidays schools off etc but i did start earning the 120 from january as it stated was required
    and my circumstances changed when daughter was placed with me also
  • Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    If you're self employed why aren't you setting your own rates of pay? Are you registered self employed with HMRC and completing self assessments?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Justasis wrote: »
    Let's get one thing straight first,

She isn't YOUR daughter.
    She is the child of someone else, she is their daughter. NOT yours.

She is your foster child, a big difference so stop passing of she is your daughter when she is in fact not, might want to look up the definition of "daughter".
    I think you need to read the forum rules, wow such an attitude coming here as a new poster with that sort of attitude.
    Rules here. https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs?_ga=2.180173668.1776791190.1520277848-2114866497.1520277847
  • courtchamp
    Options
    she is my daughter i am her father and do not want to disclose anymore i find this offensive
  • courtchamp
    Options
    yes i have utr and complete all forms however hours are limited
    and it also works for school the hours that is
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    edited 13 March 2018 at 9:49PM
    Options
    'I was getting self employed'
    Are you still self employed?

Have you checked that what you put on the form is correct?
  • courtchamp
    Options
    a week previously i was getting . this was self employed i filled it in same as first one i believe for the first 3 month period
  • Darksparkle
    Darksparkle Posts: 5,465 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I didn't ask about your hours I asked about your pay. If self employed you set your own rate of pay so why set it so low? You say you had to squeeze extra but it's up to you to set your rates and they should be set above nmw to take into account any expenses. And you could increase your clients so hours aren't limited.

Also although to previous post from justasis is out of order, to confirm is she a foster child? Because if so you wouldn't be eligible.
  • courtchamp
    Options
    yes i set my rate but i cant get more from him atm but do look elsewhere no she is not a foster child i am her father
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    When did you start self employment ?

There is a concession for the first 12 months of trading.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure