Car insurance for twin 18 year olds - any help?

I have insured one of my twins via Marmalade to drive my car. I assumed - wrongly - that the other one would be able to get insured and use the same black box technology through their own app (and the fact it is two different logins would show Marmalade who was driving). However, I am wrong. And now I am unable to get the other twin insured. My insurance company won't name anyone under the age of 24.
Can anyone offer any words of wisdom please?

Comments

• Morph4610
    Morph4610 Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi Catha, you've done well to get one of them insured on your policy. It's pretty much unheard of to get 2 such young drivers on the same policy even if they're not the main users of the car. Assume you don't have other vehicles?
  • Unfortunately not, no.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Have you any professional motoring association that might help? (Not that being a medic or a civil servant may help but if you don't ask, you're sure won't win.)

Also try TAMBA (twins & multiple births assoc) as they must have others who have been in similar boats. Someone has to have a profitable niche here!
  • TAMBA is an excellent thought. I haven't been in touch with them since the boys were babies (then they were a lifeline!)
    Perhaps I should be that profitable niche ;)
    Thank you for your reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport