IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Coventry City Centre - Restricted access for cars?

Options
Hope this is the right place for this post....

On Tuesday I had an appointment at Coventry hospital (I travelled from Preston) I dropped my nephew in the city centre whilst I went to my appointment.

After my appointment I agreed to pick my nephew up wherever he was - he was at the Transport Museum. Relied on the Sat Nav to get me there as Coventry is a totally new city for me.

For some reason I am now paranoid that where I drove to, stopped and then turned back for the Motorway when picking up at the Museum could be restricted access for cars...
I believe I tool the following route:

Came off the ring road onto Bishop Street, turned left and stopped on Hales Street to pick up then turned right and did a loop going straight back over Hales street onto Bishop Street again where I was forced to bear right even though built in sat nav said turn left (?)...there was partly a green bus lane when I turned right (there is a car park on the corner?)
The other options were No Entry roads 9turn left or straight ahead)
Looking at Google Street View can't see any restriction signs...

Please someone put my mind at rest - if you know the area, are any of these roads mentioned restricted for cars?

It was a difficult day ( I was at the recurring miscarriage clinic) and I feel I was just driving on auto pilot following sat nav which I don't usually do

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Maybe a call to the transport/highways department of the Coventry City Council (or whatever their CC is called) to ask them the question. They are likely to have very local and up-to-date information on any restrictions in place.

Explain your visit to a totally strange (be careful on your emphasis on 'strange'! :)) city was in relation to a recurring miscarriage condition, you might get some additional help from them.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • wannabe_a_mum
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Maybe a call to the transport/highways department of the Coventry City Council (or whatever their CC is called) to ask them the question. They are likely to have very local and up-to-date information on any restrictions in place.

Explain your visit to a totally strange (be careful on your emphasis on 'strange'! :)) city was in relation to a recurring miscarriage condition, you might get some additional help from them.

Thankyou - I may try this....
    I had a sleepless night thinking about it Tuesday night as have been driving for 22 years and not even a parking fine so would be totally gutted!
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 March 2018 at 1:25PM
    Options
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. Although I am not a driver I know Coventry well. You could not have gone left onto Corporation Street (which is a continuation of Hales Street - left after your loop) and cars are not allowed under the Whittle Arch. The route you took is the only way out since Broadgate became pedestrianised.

I've been a passenger many times and have parked in that car park and that is the way we have always got back to the ring road.

frogletina

Edited to say I've just checked on Google Maps, transport museum to the Ring Road, and it that is the exact route it shows.
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • wannabe_a_mum
    Options
    Frogletina wrote: »
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. Although I am not a driver I know Coventry well. You could not have gone left onto Corporation Street (which is a continuation of Hales Street - left after your loop) and cars are not allowed under the Whittle Arch. The route you took is the only way out since Broadgate became pedestrianised.

I've been a passenger many times and have parked in that car park and that is the way we have always got back to the ring road.

frogletina

Edited to say I've just checked on Google Maps, transport museum to the Ring Road, and it that is the exact route it shows.

Thankyou so much.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport