Sky Q Viewing Card

had Sky Q installed In January with no problems until around 4 days ago. When turning the box on from standby got the message that the viewing card had to be reinserted,done this for the 4 days...contacted sky this morning re the card problem CSA told me a new card would be ordered...but until the new card arrived and was active my current card would be disabled until then !! and cancelled the card as we were speaking !! I asked him to leave it til tomorrow as today was a viewing day (as snowed in ) told me once the request had been started it could not be cancelled! I think this is terrible customer service (and I told the CSA during the phone call) surely keep the current card active UNTIL the new one arrived !!any thoughts guys ??

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    ronbell101 wrote: »
    I think this is terrible customer service (and I told the CSA during the phone call) surely keep the current card active UNTIL the new one arrived !!any thoughts guys ??
    Obviously a fraud prevention measure (rather than a customer service issue). Not cancelling the original viewing card would mean that there would be a duplicate available allowing access to your level of subscription. Their systems probably only allow generation of a new card on cancellation of the old.

Probably should have told the call centre operator that the card hadn't failed completely before allowing him to cancel it.
    Freeview channels only for you during the next few days...
  • ronbell101
    ronbell101 Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Thanks for the reply I understand that they need to be vigilant with Viewing Cards due to fraud but they have the ability to switch viewing cards on and off. So keep the existing card "on" until the new card arrives their systems would surely show if "some one else" was using my "old" card !!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure