Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • smileysamt
    • By smileysamt 14th Feb 18, 9:51 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    smileysamt
    VISA Version of Revolut/Monzo/TransferWise
    • 14th Feb 18, 9:51 PM
    VISA Version of Revolut/Monzo/TransferWise 14th Feb 18 at 9:51 PM
    I am interested in receiving USD to a card. I have found various MasterCards that will do this: Revolut, Monzo and TransferWise all will work. However, the only one I can find that does a VISA is Revolut's virtual cards; unfortunately, Revolut don't accept the merchant I'm interested in using (but do accept virtual cards).

I'd much prefer a VISA to a MasterCard, though, due to difference in fees from the merchant. Does anyone know of a place to get one?
Page 1
    • SnowTiger
    • By SnowTiger 14th Feb 18, 11:13 PM
    • 3,170 Posts
    • 2,138 Thanks
    SnowTiger
    • 14th Feb 18, 11:13 PM
    • 14th Feb 18, 11:13 PM
    Most pre-pay cards are Mastercard.

What do you want to do? Top up a pre-paid card using a US$ debit card?

LeuPay offers a pre-paid Visa card that might do what you want.

It appears that you can create a UK£ account and a US$ account. Top up the US$ account with a (foreign) debit card, then transfer the money to your GB£ account.

The fees and complexity put me off.

Fineco also offers a visa debit card, but doesn't allow funding by debit card.
    • smileysamt
    • By smileysamt 15th Feb 18, 9:45 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    smileysamt
    • 15th Feb 18, 9:45 AM
    • 15th Feb 18, 9:45 AM
    I want to withdraw money from CEX.IO to a VISA card. (I realise it's unusual to withdraw money to a card, but that's what the case is here.) I then want to send the USD to my Revolut account (which can be topped up by debit card, but not a pre-paid card) to convert. (I already have Revolut Premium.)

LeuPay seems to have a lot of fees, but also as above being pre-paid isn't what I want.

Fineco looks perfect... except that I don't think you can receive USD onto it? You can have a USD account, but only EUR and GBP for debit cards... unless I'm missing something?
    Last edited by smileysamt; 15-02-2018 at 9:47 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

927Posts Today

6,992Users online

Martin's Twitter