Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pinkgirlythoughts
    • By pinkgirlythoughts 12th Feb 18, 11:11 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    pinkgirlythoughts
    different ways to make money from wedding dress?
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:11 AM
    different ways to make money from wedding dress? 12th Feb 18 at 11:11 AM
    I've been trying to sell on my wedding dress for almost three years now (after getting married August 2013), with no joy. I've tried Ebay, gumtree, preloved, bride2bride, bridal reloved, and selling pages on Facebook (both local and national ones). I'm not asking for a huge amount of money for it, as it's not in perfect condition, although it's certainly still in a 'good' condition. I'm now trying to think of alternative places to sell it, as it's starting to annoy me seeing it sit in the wardrobe taking up space!

I did have an idea that someone crafty might buy it to chop up and make something with (decorations, bunting etc), but I have no idea how I'd go about finding a person like that to sell it to!

Can anyone think of any other way of getting rid of the dress, but still making a bit of money from it?
Page 1
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 12th Feb 18, 2:50 PM
    • 36,422 Posts
    • 469,371 Thanks
    pigpen
    • 12th Feb 18, 2:50 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 2:50 PM
    I sent mine to a charity called cherished gowns because there is very little resale value for them..
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    23/02/2018 £54281.28 (5.15% int.)
    • Katapolt
    • By Katapolt 22nd Feb 18, 4:44 PM
    • 114 Posts
    • 125 Thanks
    Katapolt
    • 22nd Feb 18, 4:44 PM
    • 22nd Feb 18, 4:44 PM
    i came across a charity that re purposes them into dresses for stillborn babies to be burried in. Angel gowns i think? unlikely to get money,but at least you know it will mean a lot to someone.
    FTB 2017
    Currently dealing with a Quarter Life Crisis
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,319Posts Today

7,735Users online

Martin's Twitter