IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Rental Car in Scotland - Parking Eye

Options
I've recently received my first ever PCN - from Parking Eye, and would be grateful for any helpful advice, please.

I reside in Scotland and the PCN states it was for parking over the time limit in a supermarket car park in Scotland.

However, here's where it gets complicated for me.
I had a short term contract (8 weeks) with a company.
The company asked me to collect a car from a car rental firm.

My name (and address) is on the rental agreement as the keeper.
The company's name and address is also on the rental agreement as they were paying for the rental via their account with the car rental firm, meaning I didn't have to show the car rental firm my credit card - just my driving licence.

Other drivers (agency and the company's own technicians) used the vehicle during the (8 week) period I was employed with them.

I wouldn't have a clue who the driver was who used the car on the day it parked in that supermarket.
As my contract is now expired and I no longer work there, I can't imagine that the company would breach data protection laws and let me know the name (or names) of the potential 'villains'!! :)

To try and 'nip this in the bud', should I just write to Parking Eye and tell them that I was the keeper but not the driver, and I don't know who the driver(s) is as I'm no longer employed there?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    if you had read the newbies thread , you would have spotted that Pofa2012 does not apply in scotland
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • erskineman
    erskineman Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After ignoring a few reminders and final notices over the past few months from Parking Eye, I've recently received a letter from a Debt Collection Service called Stirling Park warning me that if I don't pay the outstanding debt (which has now trebled) they may recommend action against me.

As I'm in Scotland should I continue to ignore?
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Continue to ignore. Parking Eye pass on to debt collectors when they know they can't get anything.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is politely asked to read up on this in the Newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in

Advice on debt collectors is in #4, and presumably you already know about not revealing the driver especially when you are in Scotland. If not it's covered in #1 in the FAQ

Irrespective of where you live the advice on ignoring debt collectors applies!
  • Grimble
    Grimble Posts: 455 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They may recommend anything, now if it said they may recommend the parking company puts their head up their own bottom would you have taken any notice? It is all scare tactics.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure