HSBC Advance refusal tho' meeting input criteria

Tried to switch to the HSBC advance account to get the £200. Not employed, but can meet their input requirements and also said I could put sizeable sum into their savings account. No problems on credit record that I know of. Refused as I didn't meet their 'scoring criteria'. Haven't asked specifically why (don't imagine they'd tell me), but imagine it's the lack of employment. Offered a standard account.

No problem. That's HSBC off my list - and I have a long memory. Lost a potential customer.

Sharing as info for any others in similar situation.

Comments

• Sorry to hear about that .
    I posted something on this board yesterday,as I am currently unemployed . Have you had any credit problems in the past?
    Looking at the criteria for those higher interest accounts, it looks like you have to guarantee a salary every month. Maybe it is just that.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 30,993 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It's been covered in many previous threads - even though HSBC publish criteria specifying that £1,750 must be paid in to the account every month (without insisting on this being salary), they frequently (maybe usually or even always) reject applications where there isn't a verifiable salary at that level. IIRC, some report greater success in branch rather than online....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure