Sale of Fund H & L

Hello,

Over the weekend I instructed H & L to sell some of my vanguard fund. The transaction is still showing as pending.

Does anyone know how long it will be before this is processed?
I am obviously worried about the present correction getting worse if H & L drag their feet acting on my instruction.

Thanks

Comments

• Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Your weekend order should have executed at 9pm Monday. You'll get a contract note sometime today.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Vanguard funds used to be 3 days settlement but are now 2. However, you are not days from the order point yet.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • MarcoM
    MarcoM Posts: 798 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi there,

Just checked my account and it says:

Submitted for dealing - Your deal has been submitted to the fund manager and can no longer be cancelled.

The fund is Vanguard LS 60 40.

So I am I correct in assuming that the date of sale may not even be yesterday or today?

I am aware that with funds such as these the owner will never be really in control of the exact buy or sells day but I just wanted to prepare myself in case they sell late and the markets go down further
  • Drp8713
    Drp8713 Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    They are not selling late.

If it has a T+2 settlement date as outlined above, and you placed your request on a weekend when the markets are closed, then your transaction date will be yesterday when the markets opened, and your settlement date would be tomorrow which is the point you no longer own the fund.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Are you panicking or was this just unfortunate timing ?
  • MarcoM
    MarcoM Posts: 798 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I need the money to buy a house we have seen.
    totally wrong timing I know but we like the house.

should have sold a month ago when we started looking for property but greed got the better of me....so kept the fund.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure