IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

My first speeding notification query

Options
Hello,
Just looking for some advice, long story short I received a notification today that I was speeding on a road 45mph in a 30mph. I’ve always travelled on this bit of road for over 14yrs (and wrongly assumed the speed limit!)-my worry is that they caught me on the 3rd January, but as I always drive on this road, I always do the same speed, so now I risk the chance of getting caught again, if I haven’t been already.

I’ve ticked the box for consideration of a speed awareness course so hoping I’ll be considered for that, if I get caught/registered again between the time of the 3rd Jan and today am I likely to lose my licence or go to prison?! I’ve never had any speeding or car problems before this and having been in two serious car accidents as a child, I get why limits are in place! :eek:My fault for assuming the speed limit of course.

Thank you for any advice.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    This forum majors on private parking charges.

If you Google speeding penalties you'll easily find out what happens the more you do it!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Post here for advice, pepipoo are good:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=5

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Prison for speeding? Not unless you were doing some mind blowing speed in a built up area. You would have to be doing over a ton for prison to be considered.

Mind I suppose they could water board you into confessing to doing 200 plus. It’s as likely as you doing time.
  • TadleyBaggie
    TadleyBaggie Posts: 6,055 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Prison is not a possible sentence for a speeding offence, it would need to be pursued as dangerous driving.
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think upper limit in a 30 for SAC is 42mph (10% + 9mph) Not 100% sure though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure