IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DVLA shops company director for DPA breach

Options
https://ico.org.uk/action-weve-taken/enforcement/miles-savory/

Mr Savory was prosecuted under section 55 of the DPA, fined £335.00, and ordered to pay prosecution costs of £364.08 and a victim surcharge of £33.00. He also got a criminal record.

The only question is why DVLA doesn't report PPCs and their directors for similar offences on an industrial scale. Could it be related to money?

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Pales into insignificance compared to the stuff that MIL and CPMS have been up to.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    and since that artice MIL have used info obtained illigally 9 times openly in county court and not one judge has objected or questioned this
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • claxtome
    claxtome Posts: 628 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Mr Savory was prosecuted under section 55 of the DPA, fined £335.00, and ordered to pay prosecution costs of £364.08 and a victim surcharge of £33.00. He also got a criminal record.
    Not a "savoury" character then ;)

Sorry - had to be said...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family