Currys extended Xmas returns

Options
Currys normally have a 30 day return policy for faulty goods to to receive a refund or replacement . Their website advises over Xmas this will be extended up until Jan 14th for goods purchased from 1 Nov. I have a faulty tv purchased 10th November for a Xmas present.It wasn't used until Xmas day where a fault was discovered. I rang Currys who advised can only have a repair as over 30 days. I reminded the gentleman of their extended policy and he advised he was not aware.He said he could book the repair and pass me to onĺine section. I emailed them 5 days ago with this enquiry and am still waiting for their response. Does anyone know if I am correct in assuming I have the right to return this faulty tv for a refund or replacement .

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's extended for purchasing during the qualifying period
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It is not extended for faulty products. Ii is an extension of the 21 day returns policy for unwanted items.

Note it must be in its original unopened packaging.

An unwanted product can be returned for a full refund within 21 days of delivery as long as it’s still in its original, unopened packaging. This returns policy for unopened goods is in addition to your statutory rights and applies to purchases made in store, online or over the phone.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    As above, more than 30 days have passed since purchase thus your automatic right to reject has gone. Therefore they are within their rights to effectively choose the remedy they wish to offer ... if they wish to repair then they can do so. (If the goods still do not conform to contract after that one repair attempt then you do have the right to reject for a full refund).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure