Post Christmas food

Options
Interesting how supermarkets are dealing with the Christmas food post Christmas.

Yesterday at Sainsburys, some party food had 20%-33% off and the Christmas lines such as sausages, starters etc were 75% off. Cheese - half price

Asda and M&S still full price - apart from items with today's date.

Iceland - some things were half price or less.

Can't comment about Tesco, Morrisons, Waitrose or Co--op

Comments

• Nick_C
    Nick_C Posts: 7,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Probably down to sell by dates.

Lots of people will buy party food for this weekend.

And we are not Post Christmas. This is day 5 of 12.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yesterday at Sainsburys, some party food had 20%-33% off and the Christmas lines such as sausages, starters etc were 75% off. Cheese - half price
    I saw half wheels of Stilton at half price, but no other great cheese bargains. The truckles usually get reduced to around 30p each in time - usually just before or after the New Year.

Lots of Christmas cakes and goodies reduced to 1/2 price. I resisted.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I saw half wheels of Stilton at half price, but no other great cheese bargains. The truckles usually get reduced to around 30p each in time - usually just before or after the New Year.

Lots of Christmas cakes and goodies reduced to 1/2 price. I resisted.

The truckles were 50p on Wednesday and if any left, probably get reduced to 30p today or tomorrow,

I know Sainsburys Christmas cheese lines have a UB of 3rd Jan but most of it can be kept for 6 weeks longer as the same cheese in standard packaging has a UB of 2nd half of Feb.
  • Clowance
    Clowance Posts: 1,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    hardly anything off pigs in blankets in my sainsburys, a bit off chocolate and 50p gift wrap.
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We got amazing bargains in our local tesco,a whole fresh salmon was £29 down to £4.various trays of party food all reduced to 34p and they still take off the 3 for 2 offer,2 turkey crown were £27 each down to £3.50 each.
    Morrisons had reduced whipping cream to 12p each,various party food trays were reduced from £3.50 each to 54p each.Sausage balls were 20p a tray.We managed to fill 3 draws in the freezer.And also picked up bargains for elderly neighbours who can't manage to go bargain hunting.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    Aldi Xmas Puds (Gluten Free) down to 99p. Stollen (the big ones) down to 99p. Xmas lights about half price.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The truckles were 50p on Wednesday and if any left, probably get reduced to 30p today or tomorrow,

I know Sainsburys Christmas cheese lines have a UB of 3rd Jan but most of it can be kept for 6 weeks longer as the same cheese in standard packaging has a UB of 2nd half of Feb.
    I bought the last 5 truckles of Mexicana at 50p each this afternoon from my old local store - UBD 3rd Jan as you predicted! They had the bigger packs of chilli lovers cheeses for £3 but there was more packaging than actual cheese.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • iammumtoone
    Options
    I have seen half price on Christmas chocolate/biscuits/cakes but not party food (think that still sells well for the New Year). The only reduced party food I have seen is yellow sticker.

Lots of yellow sticker goods on normal shelves at Mr T today with the date of 31st, think they are trying to get it sold at half price before the need to mark it down more tomorrow.

Sadly haven't seen any cheese going cheap, I might take a trip out to sainsburys tomorrow if its half price. I had to google what a truckle was!
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    M&S had loads of turkeys, crowns, xmas desserts etc all reduced on Wednesday. The party food still at normal price
    :money::rotfl::T
  • chesky
    chesky Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    M&S had loads of turkeys, crowns, xmas desserts etc all reduced on Wednesday. The party food still at normal price

My M & S was only reducing these items if they were yellow stickered. All the other Christmas fare was still full priced.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure