Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • charlies-aunt
    • By charlies-aunt 4th Dec 17, 11:46 AM
    • 1,581Posts
    • 13,482Thanks
    charlies-aunt
    BUJO Bullet Journalling 2018
    • 4th Dec 17, 11:46 AM
    BUJO Bullet Journalling 2018 4th Dec 17 at 11:46 AM
    Anyone here currently using or starting a bullet journal please?

Using one of these seem to be a sensible idea to replace my usual scribbled list and notes on bits of random paper so I can be more organised for 2018
    The best things in life aren't things

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

Page 1
    • moneyistooshorttomention
    • By moneyistooshorttomention 4th Dec 17, 12:00 PM
    • 14,191 Posts
    • 38,493 Thanks
    moneyistooshorttomention
    • 4th Dec 17, 12:00 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 12:00 PM
    Errrm...never having heard of it - I may or may not be.

What is it?
    #MeToo

Ain't neva gonna learn to be a good "woman"
    • Sayschezza
    • By Sayschezza 4th Dec 17, 1:49 PM
    • 172 Posts
    • 1,513 Thanks
    Sayschezza
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:49 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 1:49 PM
    I have bought a page a day diary to use as a bullet journal. Cant wait for 1st January to get started as it is beginning to fill up already.Love new books.
    • LameWolf
    • By LameWolf 4th Dec 17, 2:10 PM
    • 10,025 Posts
    • 107,695 Thanks
    LameWolf
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:10 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:10 PM
    I've never heard the term before, but having G00gled it, it looks pretty much like the method I've been using for donkeys' years.
    I use a lot of colour-coding, too.
    LameWolf
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.
    • pumpkinlife
    • By pumpkinlife 4th Dec 17, 2:39 PM
    • 149 Posts
    • 915 Thanks
    pumpkinlife
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:39 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:39 PM
    Yes I do. Cheapo notebook from the works. I follow the minimalist original method pretty much.

It's the only diary I seem to be able to use consistently. It's messy, raggedy and I love it. The only thing I'm considering changing is writing up the monthly spreads at the start of the year, I hate having to do it every month.

I have monthly budget pages each month, track what meals we eat and note down the odd idea. The review and transfer is important, it helps me decide what is important and what is not.

I'd give it a go, not get caught up on the prettiness, and avoid 'bujo inspo' like the plague at least at first.
    • PollyWollyDoodle
    • By PollyWollyDoodle 4th Dec 17, 2:41 PM
    • 826 Posts
    • 20,973 Thanks
    PollyWollyDoodle
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:41 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 2:41 PM
    I came across the concept earlier in the year on the Marie Kondo thread. I'm not sure I follow all the 'rules' (although obviously you make your own rules!), but it's been amazingly helpful.

Instead of having lists on various scraps of paper they are all in one place, and I can see what I was doing a month ago if I need to. Details of projects that I am planning, measurements of things around the house etc are all somewhere I can find them. I usually start tomorrow's list before I go to bed, and I've found it really helpful in recording all the little tasks that I usually forget.

I don't do the fancy drawings, nor do I do colour coding – I'm just using up an old notebook. Why wait until January, I think it would be really useful to do now when getting ready for Christmas!
    "Inconceivable". "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
    • charlies-aunt
    • By charlies-aunt 4th Dec 17, 6:39 PM
    • 1,581 Posts
    • 13,482 Thanks
    charlies-aunt
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:39 PM
    • 4th Dec 17, 6:39 PM
    I aim to keep it plain and simple - I want to use it to be efficient and organised so decoration will be minimal.

I use my diary a lot but its difficult to keep track of ongoing projects and its a pain to rewrite daily and weekly reminders soI think a checklist to reference will help
    The best things in life aren't things

2017 Grocery challenge £110.00 per week/ £5720 a year

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,986Posts Today

10,224Users online

Martin's Twitter