Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Balasubu
    • By Balasubu 4th Dec 17, 9:38 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Balasubu
    Appeal on wrong road name - rejected because sign is visible in photo
    • #1
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:38 AM
    Appeal on wrong road name - rejected because sign is visible in photo 4th Dec 17 at 9:38 AM
    Hello all,

    I have read the sticky post and I sent an appeal letter to CPM for my parking charge notice. I apologise if this matter has been previously discussed somewhere and I have missed it. My car was parked on Panfield mews in Gants hill while the ticket says the location is Cranbook road (which is the adjacent road). I appealed on the basis of this. I stated that the car is no where near cranbook road. But they have sent a rejection letter saying that the signs are visible in the photographic evidence and they circled it in yellow. And since the driver left the car in that car park, he/she has the responsibility to abide by the signs. And I noted that even in the rejection letter the location is stated as cranbook road.
    This seems confusing to me, should I appeal to POPLA or should I pay as the photos have signs visible on them?
    All help is much appreciated.

    Thank you
    Bala
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 4th Dec 17, 9:52 AM
    • 40,512 Posts
    • 80,904 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • #2
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:52 AM
    • #2
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:52 AM
    Please confirm the name of the parking company as there are several with similar initials.

    If you have a PoPLA code you should use it, but that assumes CPM, whoever they are, are BPA members.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Dec 17, 9:55 AM
    • 15,873 Posts
    • 24,605 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • #3
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:55 AM
    • #3
    • 4th Dec 17, 9:55 AM
    Please give us the full name of the parking company. There are two with similar acronyms, but if it is either, there is no access for you to POPLA. The only 2nd stage appeal service open to you will be the IAS as both are IPC operators.

    Before raising any hopes on a 2nd appeal - please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #3 about the futility of appealing to the IAS.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Balasubu
    • By Balasubu 4th Dec 17, 10:43 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Balasubu
    • #4
    • 4th Dec 17, 10:43 AM
    • #4
    • 4th Dec 17, 10:43 AM
    Thank you for pointing that out.
    Yes it is CPM (UK Car Park Management)
    Yeah I have read the bit of IAS appeals, they do sound like part of the same team.
    Do you guys think I have good grounds to appeal? Will incorrect road name be prioritised over visible signs?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Dec 17, 11:17 AM
    • 15,873 Posts
    • 24,605 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • #5
    • 4th Dec 17, 11:17 AM
    • #5
    • 4th Dec 17, 11:17 AM
    Do you guys think I have good grounds to appeal? Will incorrect road name be prioritised over visible signs?
    Perhaps with a council parking ticket, but highly unlikely with a private parking ticket. Only a judge can give you a definitive answer.

    In considering whether or not to appeal to the IAS, please bear in mind that you have only around a 17% chance of success (last year in their Annual Report, the IAS stated that 83% of appeals were dismissed).

    In addition, and importantly in my view, if your appeal is dismissed, this will give UKCPM added impetus and evidence (that an ‘independent’ appeals service also dismissed your appeal) to file a court claim. They are litigious and don’t need any excuse to sue.

    http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Car_Park_Management.html

    If you work on the basis that they will issue court proceedings, it’s best they don’t have the IAS backing to support their case.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,741Posts Today

6,897Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I realised I forgot in my links earlier. 1. Help to Buy ISAs, how they work and best buys...? https://t.co/BSCNPeqiVF

  • RT @whatdawndid: Thanks to uncle @MartinSLewis I just received £200 back, just like that from the student loan company! Turns out that the?

  • RT @LaraLewington: Shocked and saddened by Cheggers news. Working with him on It?s A Knockout was my 1st job in telly when I was just 19. H?

  • Follow Martin