Warm Home Discount

Received letter to advise I was eligible for this discount however because I moved home in July and wanted to take my old energy supplier with me to new property I am 2 days late for the date for Warm Home Discount because old energy supplier took 21 days to make the switch
Have contacted energy supplier re this but answer is still no - they stick to the rules of having to have my name on the account on 9th July even if I requested the switch on 21st June
Anybody else had a problem of not being eligible due to date? And due to moving home and the time taken by supplier to complete the switch not being taken into account?

Comments

• Depends if you are entitled due to broader group or core group.

Core group is if you are on pension credit. If this is so, whoever is your supplier on 9 July, is the company who pays your WHD, irrespective if there was a switch over this period.

Broader group, the 9 July is irrelevant.

HTH.
  • I am in core group and contacted energy supplier for 9 July but they refused cos they said my name was not on their account on 9 July
    Just feel like both energy suppliers are passing the buck
  • Department of Work and Pensions Warm Home Discount Scheme helpline on 0345 603 9439 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am-4.30pm). This helpline is for the guaranteed element of Pension credit customers only.

Tell them and ask for help.
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure