Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jingle_Belle
    • By Jingle_Belle 30th Nov 17, 4:02 PM
    • 184Posts
    • 175Thanks
    Jingle_Belle
    That Christmas You'll Never Forget?
    • 30th Nov 17, 4:02 PM
    That Christmas You'll Never Forget? 30th Nov 17 at 4:02 PM

I believe most of us have that one Christmas that stands out for one reason or another.

This one has always stayed with me, i guess because it was special.
    We lived on our farm and it was a very cold and snowy holiday which looking back it was a blizzard and my grandparents stayed with us my dad and grandfather brought wood in for the woodstove.

My mum and grandmother lit the lanterns and candles as we had power the used them and the only thing lit was the tree which days before we cut ourselves from up in back.

I remember the homemade hot cocoa going on the woodstove and the smell of pine that flowed through the house and we enjoyed some homemade biscuits which we're still a bit warm, and my grandfather telling us a Christmas story.

Christmas morning was grandma's hot chocolate and oranges and bananas, as we gathered by the tree to unwrap our gifts which we got to just grab and open.

Christmas dinner always smelt good and was from scratch.

Christmas is always special at our home but, this one has stuck with me, and that Christmas we got new knitted hats and mittens and also a quilt made by my grandmother and mother, which we loved so very much.

Looking back to that Christmas i hold so dear and near to my heart.

Looking Forward To Santa Filling My Stocking
Page 2
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 1st Dec 17, 8:24 PM
    • 31,046 Posts
    • 114,367 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Three Christmases (spelling?)
    Originally posted by Gloomendoom
    Christmases is the correct plural of Christmas.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 1st Dec 17, 8:31 PM
    • 7,409 Posts
    • 15,885 Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    Ah well, I don't, these days.
    I try to ignore it.

If I can, I go abroad, but the one I wanted this year was full.
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    No chance of ignoring it in our house - older son (who has Down's Syndrome) is obsessive about it, and younger son (who is autistic) hates it. It makes for some interesting times
    • Murphybear
    • By Murphybear 2nd Dec 17, 6:58 AM
    • 3,284 Posts
    • 6,783 Thanks
    Murphybear

I was 44 and single, sharing a London flat with my BF. 2 things happened that year. My BF got breast cancer which spread and she died less than 2 weeks before Christmas aged 42.

A few months before, after years of divorce and being single, I met someone. . We clicked and got engaged 6 weeks after dating. Our first Christmas together was bittersweet.

We are still engaged and I think of my friend often.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 2nd Dec 17, 11:12 AM
    • 2,423 Posts
    • 9,581 Thanks
    Wizard of Id

although I personally had stopped celebrating christmas years before, my families world was turned upside down in early December that year by the suicide of a close family member, the family was brought closer together in grief that year but christmas was never the same again for most of the family particularly our parents who went to their graves without proper closure.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 3189.5
    This week 56.1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

348Posts Today

1,456Users online

Martin's Twitter