Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MichelleR23
    • By MichelleR23 29th Nov 17, 9:26 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    MichelleR23
    TSB Switch
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:26 AM
    TSB Switch 29th Nov 17 at 9:26 AM
    Iím really hoping someone can help
    Yesterday I applied for the TSB account through Martinís link. However it was only the account application nothing to do with switching and no switching paperwork was complete.... is this normal?

Iím concerned that not only not all paperwork has been completed but I wonít get the £130 cash back as Martin states. I donít even know how I would get this as I didnít log into any sites, so how does this get paid to me?

I havent received any emails or correspondence to know that everything is going through correctly.

Any thoughts would be great

Michelle
Page 1
    • Loan soldier
    • By Loan soldier 29th Nov 17, 10:24 AM
    • 57 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    Loan soldier
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:24 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:24 AM
    That is normal.

When I switched I completed the application and then when the account opened was when they asked if I wanted to switch.
    MFW #16 2017 £4231.40/£4231.40 (100%)
    MFW #16 2018 £0/£3537 (0%)
    • MichelleR23
    • By MichelleR23 29th Nov 17, 10:59 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MichelleR23
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:59 AM
    Thank you
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:59 AM
    Thank you so much for taking the time to confirm the process.
    I think this needs to be highlighted to switchers.

😃
    • eskbanker
    • By eskbanker 29th Nov 17, 1:23 PM
    • 5,908 Posts
    • 5,884 Thanks
    eskbanker
    • 29th Nov 17, 1:23 PM
    • 29th Nov 17, 1:23 PM
    The TSB landing page linked from this site does state:
    To qualify for £130, you must first complete the account application and then the separate online switching form
    to emphasise that account opening and switching are two separate processes, as they are for any switch.

Generally it's a good idea to wait until you have the new account fully up and running (i.e. debit card received and activated, online banking set up, inbound and outbound transfers tested, etc) before starting the switch itself....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,677Posts Today

7,134Users online

Martin's Twitter