Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lee68gavin
    • By lee68gavin 29th Nov 17, 9:21 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lee68gavin
    New home
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:21 AM
    New home 29th Nov 17 at 9:21 AM
    Just moved into my first rented home when I looked at the meters the electricity is a normal meter and the gas is prepaid but there is nothing telling me who they are with. Can I just change them anyway are is there a way to find out who supply’s the house
Page 1
    • molerat
    • By molerat 29th Nov 17, 9:56 AM
    • 17,472 Posts
    • 11,698 Thanks
    molerat
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:56 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 9:56 AM
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/connections-and-moving-home/who-my-gas-or-electricity-supplier

You can must not change supplier until you have registered with the current one, doing so will only end in tears.
    Last edited by molerat; 29-11-2017 at 10:01 AM.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • poppasmurf_bewdley
    • By poppasmurf_bewdley 29th Nov 17, 10:07 AM
    • 5,059 Posts
    • 5,201 Thanks
    poppasmurf_bewdley
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:07 AM
    • 29th Nov 17, 10:07 AM
    You need to ask your landlord for the information.
    "Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery." Mr Wilkins Micawber in David Copperfield by Charles Dickens.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,326Posts Today

7,788Users online

Martin's Twitter