Transfer my videos onto dvd and play through my TV

Options
I want to find a program that will put my videos onto a dvd that I can play through my dvd player on tv. I have a copier dvd player so they will play. As have done it before with older programs.

But now the programs either dont work or takes all night just to finalize the dvd.

The only one so far is AVS which is good but has the logo popping up on screen every few minutes.

I used free dvd video burner but that does not seem to work properly any more, I am trying free make which is taking ages to finalise the dvd and wonder if its actually working properly or not.

any suggestions.

Comments

• forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Windows movie maker?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• jshm2
    jshm2 Posts: 346 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    If you're not too techie minded then just take the USB into Jessops or Asda and they will convert the movie to DVD for you.

But if you want to do it yourself then Nero burnlite is free and you can burn unwatermarked Video DVD's to your hearts content.
  • A.Penny.Saved
    Options
    You have not mentioned which version of windows that you are using which could limit things because DVD is getting fairly old now and DVD encoding software is less commonly updated for newer versions of windows.

MediaInfo would provide the audio and video source codecs. So will MediaInfoXP which uses files from MediaInfo.

Freemake is probably a waste of time judging by the reviews of it. I have used it in the past but they have altered it since and it now puts a watermark on the video and banners at the front and end.

AVStoDVD might be worth a look. It has very recently been updated so should work with the latest windows 10.
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/AVStoDVD

QtlMovie is another which might be worth a look and is another which was updated earlier this year.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/QtlMovie

ffmpeg with a GUI might do what you want.

Any conversion will take some time, depending upon what the source codec is. A 2 hour video will take at least the same time and possibly much more depending upon the quality of the conversion. Mpeg2 (DVD) is relatively fast to encode but decoding H.265/x265 video could be slow without hardware assistance by supported CPU's such as recent Intel or recent graphics cards.
  • Ladywriter1968
    Options
    Thank you everyone for tips.
  • Ladywriter1968
    Options
    Windows 10 version I have.
  • Pikeyp
    Pikeyp Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DVD Flick can do it ... DVD Flick
This discussion has been closed.