Nationwide Select - cashback down from 0.5% to 0.25%

Options

Comments

• 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Nick_C wrote: »
    A shame but not surprising. A consequence of EU meddling.

I'm not going to go into the ins and outs of Brexit here but it'll be interesting to see if the ruling re: interchange fees will be scrapped if/when we leave the E.U.

Although I'm not a Nationwide customer am just waiting for Lloyds to contact me and tell me my Choice Rewards AmEx/MasterCard is being culled!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • ngbpne28
    Options
    They are also stopping all the insurance cover from the end of February 2018. May be time for a move to another provider?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello ngbpne28,
    Would you please direct me to the source of your information re Nationwide " stopping all insurance cover ". Please provide details and clarification.
    Regards,
    Bill
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello ngbpne28,
    Would you please direct me to the source of your information re Nationwide " stopping all insurance cover ". Please provide details and clarification.
    Regards,
    Bill
    Where is this written?

I know a lot of T's and C's for accounts and savings etc. are changing in Jan 2018
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Gary Dexter,
    It is a statement by ngbpne in post number 13. Hence my request for further info..
    Bill
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Gary Dexter,
    It is a statement by ngbpne in post number 13. Hence my request for further info..
    Bill

I replied with the wrong quote - my bad!
  • Terry98
    Terry98 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

I was a little worried that it would include my Flexaccount travel insurance cover but I think it only refers to this https://www.nationwide.co.uk/support/support-articles/discontinued-accounts/discontinued-accounts-credit-card-purchase-protection
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Terry98,
    Thank you for the link, it clarifies the matter .
    Regards ,
    Bill
  • zerog
    zerog Posts: 2,478 Forumite
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    I'm not going to go into the ins and outs of Brexit here but it'll be interesting to see if the ruling re: interchange fees will be scrapped if/when we leave the E.U.

Although I'm not a Nationwide customer am just waiting for Lloyds to contact me and tell me my Choice Rewards AmEx/MasterCard is being culled!

It's a worldwide trend, so not really to do with the EU. (Yes the specific legislation in effect in the UK is from the EU, but after leaving all EU laws will continue to apply and then be removed selectively.)

If you believe conspiracy theories it's part of a drive to reduce the use of cash.

The Choice Rewards card has already been discontinued for new customers (and IMHO was not worth it unless you have absolutely no use for avios).

The Lloyds Avios cards will be going, but we don't know when.

All the MBNA Amex combos are gone for new customers too.

Card companies will lose money if they offer anything more than 0.25% cashback so unsurprising that Nationwide has taken this step, and there won't be any better offers on a card with no annual fee.

Only directly issued Amexes without a branding partner are exempt, for the time being.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just finished my interest free period on MBNA. So decided to apply for the NW Select card with 12 months free balance transfer and 0% on purchases.

It was a straight accept and will put all my spending on this card for the next 12 months.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure