Tesco Savings DDs

Options

Comments

• Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I received a copy of the Changes to our Tesco Bank Internet Saver T & Cs... with the bumpf for a recently opened TB IS.
    So it seems payments in and out need to be done via a Linked Account
    held in your name with another bank in the UK or another internal Tesco Bank account in your own name...
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,996 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 October 2017 at 3:57PM
    Options
    anna42hmr wrote: »
    True, another option (which i am going to be using for one replacement) is paying the tv licence by monthly direct debit, i usually pay it in one lump annually, however costs no more to pay by direct debit instead per licence.

Note - paying your tv licence monthly DD is 6 months in advance of the due date.

"You'll usually pay for your first licence within six months, in instalments of around £24.50 per month. (If we have to spread the cost into four or five monthly instalments, each payment may be slightly higher). From then on, you pay for your licences in 12 monthly instalments of around £12.25 - six before your licence is due and six after."
    http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/pay-for-your-tv-licence/payment-methods/direct-debit-pay1
  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,109 Forumite
    Options
    Don't think it's going to be worth keeping Halifax and Co-op open though - after you take into account the direct debits, the reward from Halifax would be £1 per month, and £0 per month from Co-op!

Switch one to Clydesdale, then

http://www.cbonline.co.uk/personal/current-accounts/
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • surreysaver
    Options
    EachPenny wrote: »
    The 'we donate to charity' confidence booster is as old as charities themselves. In the rush to find sources of £1 DD's to earn a few quid some people are bound to end up losing much more.

Whether their claims about donating to charity are true or not, the fact remains that if they can make a profit from £1 direct debits, so can charities. My concern is GoCardless doesn't know what they're up to, and they might shut onepounddd's account down, and anyone using them will have less notice than Tesco is giving people!
  • surreysaver
    Options
    Mee wrote: »
    I received a copy of the Changes to our Tesco Bank Internet Saver T & Cs... with the bumpf for a recently opened TB IS.
    So it seems payments in and out need to be done via a Linked Account

They've obviously decided that they'll sent it out with their latest 1.2% IS, as they know all us MSEers will be applying for it!
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options

I have already done my Clydesdale application with 2 Tesco d/debits on my N/wide account. Easy £250.

Application has been accepted and I know my account number and sort code.

Will start switch from N/wide when d/debits are active.
  • surreysaver
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    I have already done my Clydesdale application with 2 Tesco d/debits on my N/wide account. Easy £250.

Application has been accepted and I know my account number and sort code.

Will start switch from N/wide when d/debits are active.

The 5% cashback from AndroidPay is due to be paid into my 123 Lite soon, so that might be my sacrificial account....
  • chockydavid1983
    Options
    I'm gonna say bye bye to Coop :-)
  • youngretired
    Options
    Unfortunately anyone that has already had a incentive from Clydesdale or Yorkshire Bank is ruled out so that includes me.
  • beefturnmail
    Options

Thanks, but already done the switching incentive merry-go-round
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills