IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

britannia parking confusion

Options
I apologize if this is a repeat post and would gladly be directed elsewhere in the forum for help, but direction would be appreciated either way.

i received 2 parking charge notices from this Britannia parking company on the 28th and 29th of September. And in fairness i did know it was a 'private car park', just not part of the waitrose next to it as it is really not obvious. i believed it was for the student accommodation it is also next to.

My problems with the fines are that i had been parked there from Monday 25th and was not made aware of the fines until the following Monday when a friend told me. so i am not sure why i didn't receive fines for the other days, glad i didn't but still confused as to why only those two.
second is similar in that i used to park in that car park weeks at a time last year and have told friends of it as recent as 3 weeks ago and they have had no problems staying for over 24 hours. so im not sure of what changed, and cannot confirm but pretty sure they only just added a sign saying it belonged to the supermarket after i had parked there Monday.

My third problem is that neither of the tickets were sealed properly so i received them soaking wet. After letting them dry all the ink has smudged, faded or the paper has just disintegrated.

I have not began any process of appealing or currently looked for evidence. I am not sure what to do as if i ring up to ask for the details on the ticket that i cannot read im worried this is an admission of guilt.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    are these windscreen tickets or postal tickets ?

they are definitely not "fines" , they are invoices
    no private company can "fine" you

if these were windscreen tickets, wait until the postal ones come , then appeal them using the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread

in future, do not park on private land withoit permission, or without checking for signs , or you will get more
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure