Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • movilogo
    • By movilogo 9th Oct 17, 12:41 PM
    • 2,272Posts
    • 1,544Thanks
    movilogo
    Fitting smart thermostat to old boiler
    • 9th Oct 17, 12:41 PM
    Fitting smart thermostat to old boiler 9th Oct 17 at 12:41 PM
    My old combi boiler is work fine but its LCD screen for programmable timing is no longer working.

Can I fit a smart thermostat like Nest to it?

My plan is to send only on/off message to boiler and do the programming via smart thermostat.

Happiness is buying an item and then not checking its price after a month to discover it was reduced further.
Page 1
    • Alex1983
    • By Alex1983 9th Oct 17, 1:06 PM
    • 524 Posts
    • 296 Thanks
    Alex1983
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:06 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:06 PM
    Yes you can change it no problem, when you fit a new boiler at a later date it will just stay in place.
    • no1catman
    • By no1catman 9th Oct 17, 1:09 PM
    • 2,555 Posts
    • 1,955 Thanks
    no1catman
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:09 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 1:09 PM
    Have you changed the battery - just in case that's why its not working?
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,105Posts Today

7,788Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin