Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Spanishsunawaits
    • By Spanishsunawaits 8th Oct 17, 12:43 PM
    • 16Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Spanishsunawaits
    Combined Christmas present for 3 children
    • 8th Oct 17, 12:43 PM
    Combined Christmas present for 3 children 8th Oct 17 at 12:43 PM
    My DD and her partner have 4 children between them. She boy aged 5, he boy aged 10 and girl aged 4. One between them 11mths. As his children have a really big extended family, they get an awful lot of presents and they also include my grandchildren, so many presents for all of them.

Because of this, I don't want to buy individual presents to add to the pile, but I'd like to buy something between them but am stuck for ideas. Last year I bought them a really big trampoline and they loved it, it really went down well. Id like to do the same this year but am stuck for ideas. I am happy to spend around £100 which is approx £30 each I would have spent on individual presents. Any ideas?
Page 1
    • VintageHistorian
    • By VintageHistorian 8th Oct 17, 2:58 PM
    • 238 Posts
    • 1,501 Thanks
    VintageHistorian
    • 8th Oct 17, 2:58 PM
    • 8th Oct 17, 2:58 PM
    Could you perhaps bundle in the gift for the adults too and get them all an annual pass to a local theme park or zoo? Would give them something to do at weekends as well as during holidays. Big theme parks like Alton Towers are dreadfully expensive for family passes, but a local attraction might be a bit more affordable.
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Make £3 a Day in September 2017 - £29.31/£90 (2017 total - £164.27) | Womble #03 - £4.32 | Overpayments in 2017 - £866.06
    • suejb2
    • By suejb2 9th Oct 17, 8:58 PM
    • 1,255 Posts
    • 1,885 Thanks
    suejb2
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:58 PM
    Three
    • 9th Oct 17, 8:58 PM
    Perhaps vouchers for a trampoline park.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
    • mandco
    • By mandco 9th Oct 17, 9:40 PM
    • 678 Posts
    • 8,759 Thanks
    mandco
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:40 PM
    • 9th Oct 17, 9:40 PM
    annual passes for a local soft play centre or similar? most offer discounts for siblings too
    gets the kids out of the house and last all year- the gift that keeps giving
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
    • Alikay
    • By Alikay 10th Oct 17, 7:33 AM
    • 4,601 Posts
    • 12,401 Thanks
    Alikay
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:33 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:33 AM
    National Trust or English Heritage membership for the whole family?
    • lush walrus
    • By lush walrus 10th Oct 17, 7:42 AM
    • 1,917 Posts
    • 1,580 Thanks
    lush walrus
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:42 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:42 AM
    Save it for them, take them somewhere or buy them each something practical, clothes or nightwear
    • kathrynha
    • By kathrynha 10th Oct 17, 7:48 AM
    • 1,651 Posts
    • 8,029 Thanks
    kathrynha
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:48 AM
    • 10th Oct 17, 7:48 AM
    Agree with the annual pass. My parents often buy something like that for me, my husband and daughter. It's normally either an annual pass, or just day tickets if it's somewhere really expensive. It's lovely to have quality family time together without it being expensive.
    Weight loss start date: 3rd January 2017
    Weight loss total: 58 lb
    Last updated: 12th September 2017
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

12Posts Today

4,285Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin