Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Wayne020165
    • By Wayne020165 3rd Oct 17, 7:04 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Wayne020165
    SCS Passing Correspondence to DRP?
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:04 PM
    SCS Passing Correspondence to DRP? 3rd Oct 17 at 7:04 PM
    Hi All
    I hope somebody can advise me. I recently sent a response to SCS Law stating all the usual as to a PCN issued by Smart Parking, thanks to this forum. Unfortunately I was outside the appeal notice date so POPLA wasn't an option.
    Today I receive a letter from DRP thanking me for my letter to them via SCS and that I now have to give them the name and address of the driver by 11/10/17 in order that they can contact them for payment as 'I am assuming that it was being driven with your consent and that you will therefore know who the driver was'
    It then goes on to to make the usual court recommendation should I not identify the driver or make payment.
    My immediate reaction is why would SCS just forward my letter to DRP? I've trawled through the threads but cannot see anyone else who has had this so wondering if this is a new line of attack from them.
    My apologies if I've missed this along the way and any help in whether I just ignore this, or respond again to SCS quoting the issues in my previous letter would be most welcome.
Page 1
    • Redx
    • By Redx 3rd Oct 17, 7:11 PM
    • 16,110 Posts
    • 20,176 Thanks
    Redx
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:11 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:11 PM
    chances are that the "SCS" letter came from DRP on a pimped out letterhead

ignore DRP
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 3rd Oct 17, 7:12 PM
    • 7,663 Posts
    • 7,745 Thanks
    pogofish
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:12 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 7:12 PM
    Post four of the Newbies Sticky covers DRP in its entirety - you need look no further.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Oct 17, 10:34 PM
    • 50,740 Posts
    • 64,154 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:34 PM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 10:34 PM
    Unfortunately I was outside the appeal notice date so POPLA wasn't an option.
    It is arguably back in play, now that the new pre-action Protocol has started.

Today I receive a letter from DRP thanking me for my letter to them via SCS and that I now have to give them the name and address of the driver by 11/10/17 in order that they can contact them for payment as 'I am assuming that it was being driven with your consent and that you will therefore know who the driver was'
    Tell them to go swivel, and ask what they think about the new pre-action Protocol?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Wayne020165
    • By Wayne020165 5th Oct 17, 3:20 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wayne020165
    • 5th Oct 17, 3:20 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 3:20 PM
    Many thanks for your replies. Pre action protocol? Not aware of this. Also, sorry but being new to this, how do I get to newbies sticky post 4? I'm a bit of a technophobe but once I know how to do things I'm ok!
    • Redx
    • By Redx 5th Oct 17, 3:22 PM
    • 16,110 Posts
    • 20,176 Thanks
    Redx
    • 5th Oct 17, 3:22 PM
    • 5th Oct 17, 3:22 PM
    go to the top of this forum, there are maybe 4 threads "stuck" to the top of the forum, near where you started your thread , just below the banner

look for the one by coupon-mad with NEWBIES in the title , read the first 4 posts , and post 9 too
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

12Posts Today

4,285Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin