IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

SCS Passing Correspondence to DRP?

Options
Hi All
I hope somebody can advise me. I recently sent a response to SCS Law stating all the usual as to a PCN issued by Smart Parking, thanks to this forum. Unfortunately I was outside the appeal notice date so POPLA wasn't an option.
Today I receive a letter from DRP thanking me for my letter to them via SCS and that I now have to give them the name and address of the driver by 11/10/17 in order that they can contact them for payment as 'I am assuming that it was being driven with your consent and that you will therefore know who the driver was'
It then goes on to to make the usual court recommendation should I not identify the driver or make payment.
My immediate reaction is why would SCS just forward my letter to DRP? I've trawled through the threads but cannot see anyone else who has had this so wondering if this is a new line of attack from them.
My apologies if I've missed this along the way and any help in whether I just ignore this, or respond again to SCS quoting the issues in my previous letter would be most welcome.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    chances are that the "SCS" letter came from DRP on a pimped out letterhead

ignore DRP
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Post four of the Newbies Sticky covers DRP in its entirety - you need look no further.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Unfortunately I was outside the appeal notice date so POPLA wasn't an option.

It is arguably back in play, now that the new pre-action Protocol has started.
    Today I receive a letter from DRP thanking me for my letter to them via SCS and that I now have to give them the name and address of the driver by 11/10/17 in order that they can contact them for payment as 'I am assuming that it was being driven with your consent and that you will therefore know who the driver was'
    Tell them to go swivel, and ask what they think about the new pre-action Protocol?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Wayne020165
    Options
    Many thanks for your replies. Pre action protocol? Not aware of this. Also, sorry but being new to this, how do I get to newbies sticky post 4? I'm a bit of a technophobe but once I know how to do things I'm ok!
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    go to the top of this forum, there are maybe 4 threads "stuck" to the top of the forum, near where you started your thread , just below the banner

look for the one by coupon-mad with NEWBIES in the title , read the first 4 posts , and post 9 too
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure