PPI Insurance Premiums

Options
Does anyone have any idea please, about how much you could be charged for PPI. Was it so much per month per £1,000 borrowed? I took a couple of loans out from 1995 to 2005 and it appears I was mis-sold PPI. I want to get a rough idea about how much I might be entitled to.

Many thanks

Russell

Comments

• amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It depends, if you receive redress you get back the PPI that you actually paid and the interest on that, plus, the 8% from the start date of the loan until you get the payment.

It is not the same for all loans, without knowing what the PPI was and the term, no one can tell you.
    Another factor will be if you settled a loan early, you would have got a rebate of the PPI and they will take this from any redress you may receive.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone have any idea please, about how much you could be charged for PPI. Was it so much per month per £1,000 borrowed?

The price varied over the years. Tended to be cheaper in good economic times and more expensive in poor economic times.

There is absolutely no way of knowing what amount of PPI you may or may not have paid unless you have the statements showing the actual amount. It is also best not to jump the gun and look at potential payouts when you havent even submitted the complaint yet. You are not entitled to anything until the complaint is successful.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I want to get a rough idea about how much I might be entitled to.
    That's the very definition of "counting your chickens before they've hatched".

Concentrate on constructing a compelling mis-selling complaint (if you have one).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure