Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LadyMorticia
    • By LadyMorticia 3rd Oct 17, 9:16 AM
    • 19,088Posts
    • 86,386Thanks
    LadyMorticia
    Paypal Tracking "Pending Verification"
    • 3rd Oct 17, 9:16 AM
    Paypal Tracking "Pending Verification" 3rd Oct 17 at 9:16 AM
    Hello.

I sold something on Ebay and the funds are on hold in my Paypal account. I added the tracking number once I had sent the item via RM yesterday but the tracking says "pending verification" in my Paypal account.

I've had confirmation that the item has been delivered and signed for today.

I was wondering how long it takes Paypal to verify a tracking number?

Paypal said I could get my funds sooner if I marked the item as sent and provided a tracking number instead of waiting the full 21 days but I'm not sure how much quicker the process usually is.

Thank you.
    September wins: £50 Sizzling Pubs voucher, Fiskars Tag Maker, Carnage mug, Googly Fruits hamper, Spiderman Minion and Wallet, £50
    Win £2017 in 2017: £1404.79/£2017
    50 Challenges: 37/50
Page 1
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 3rd Oct 17, 11:26 AM
    • 11,046 Posts
    • 7,404 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:26 AM
    • 3rd Oct 17, 11:26 AM
    You either can wait until their systems verify it, or you can ring them and see if they will check the tracking for you.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 4th Oct 17, 10:28 PM
    • 59,239 Posts
    • 41,996 Thanks
    soolin
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:28 PM
    • 4th Oct 17, 10:28 PM
    The talk on the community boards is that PayPal have really slowed down releasing funds on the 21 day hold, even where tracking is provided. It wouldn't hurt to try phoning them like theonlywayisup suggests.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,790Posts Today

7,830Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Common question, but actually its pretty meaningless - the amount to govt is arbitrary - i explain why here...? https://t.co/W6NFlmztaV

• RT @avantiproperty: @MartinSLewis You've got too much time on your hands.

• Today's Twitter poll: Bit out of no where this one. If you wear a watch which wrist is it on...

• Follow Martin