IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Elite Management Midlands Ltd Appeal

Options
Hi guys,

So I know someone who gets parking charges quite often and always pays up. So i thought i'd give the appeals process a shot on behalf of this individual. Worst case scenario he/she pays up anyway, maybe a bit extra with the added fees if it comes to that.

So long story short, the PCN was sent by Elite Management Midlands Ltd so I used the template from the newbies thread and sent off the appeal. Got the following response from them.

"Thank you for your appeal, your comments have been noted accordingly.

Please note that under the Protection of Freedoms act 2012 (POFA 2012), if the drivers details are not provided, the keeper will remain liable. The vehicle was parked on private land without authorisation from the land owner which is clearly advised on the signage approved by the British Parking Association (BPA).

If you were not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the contravention, we suggest providing the drivers details so that liability can be transferred

The outstanding balance of £100 remains due. Without payment or the drivers details, the account will progress and further charges may apply.

Kind regards

I'm confused as to where i go from here? i was expecting a POPLA code at the very least but nothing of that nature. Seems as though they just want the drivers details or payment? Obviously not going to provide that but how do i proceed further from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ignore that and wait patiently for your POPLA code.
  • ParkingBad
    Options
    I remember when i had a PCN of my own a few months back, i didnt do my research prior to my appeal and told the company i was the driver. My appeal was rejected straightaway and was given a POPLA code.

No details of the driver were given in this appeal and it seems as though they are delaying the POPLA code to see if i provide driver details or pay up or is this normal practice?. Am i right in thinking its safe to ignore them until they provide a POPLA code?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Ignore that and wait patiently for your POPLA code.

I agree, this is a standard tactic, ignore it or choose to reply ''give me my POPLA code or I will report you to the BPA and DVLA''!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ParkingBad
    Options
    Thanks guys, i'll ignore it and bump this thread when there is an update
  • nosferatu1001
    Options
    Which is that you have your rejection letter with POPLA code, and your POPLA appeal is now...

As you should already be drafting it :)
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ParkingBad wrote: »
    Am i right in thinking its safe to ignore them until they provide a POPLA code?
    Isn't that what I said earlier?
  • ParkingBad
    Options
    So after reading through a few threads and a bit of digging online, I have come to realise that EMM are now members of the IPC, since 14/08/17. Is this why they havent generated my POPLA code?

PCN contravention date is 25/08/17. They are still down as members of BPA and I've already appealed to them using the BPA template and the response i got from them has been copied into post #1
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    so follow the IPC advice from that NEWBIES sticky thread

and IGNORE them , unless they send an LBC (or an MCOL from Northampton) within 6 years
  • ParkingBad
    Options
    Redx wrote: »
    so follow the IPC advice from that NEWBIES sticky thread

and IGNORE them , unless they send an LBC (or an MCOL from Northampton) within 6 years

Following the IPC advice from newbies thread means appealing using the IPC template. I'm guessing this is probably a bit daft as I've already appealed using BPA template, do I now send off the IPC template to them? lol
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    nope. you appealed , they rejected, nothing more to add

the fact you used the wrong template doesnt really matter too much

an appeal is an appeal, and most companies reject appeals anyway
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing