Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    golddustmedia
    Virgin mobile - poor signal
    • 9th Oct 07, 3:08 PM
    Virgin mobile - poor signal 9th Oct 07 at 3:08 PM
    My wife WAS with Virgin mobile but we've had to by out the contract to leave them.

Basically their signal was so poor at our home she could only get a signal when the phone was left on 1 or 2 window sills in the house.

However they would not allow us to end the contract without penalty (on the grounds they cannot supply the service) as we did not complain within the first 14 days of the contract. Thing is the signal was ok back then. There has obviously been a change in the area and the signal became worse.

Anyway, their excuse was that although the phone could not be used at home it could still be used "in our area". Not much use if I send her a text message and she's at home as she doesn't get it until she goes out, if at all!

Anyway, I feel sure Virgin should allow us to cancel the contract on the basis they were failing to provide the service and that should apply to our home address, not just our postal code.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

382Posts Today

2,896Users online

Martin's Twitter