Item delivered to Argos; no collection code

Options
I ordered a few items from eBay to be delivered to Argos. As a seller, I opt out of this, but as a buyer it can be quite useful.

Each of the deliveries (different couriers) was missed by Argos and a card left. A few days later they were redelivered, the FM/ code issues and collected by me. However, one of the items never got a FM/ code, but shows as delivered.

Argos refused to check the storeroom to see if they had the item (I was hoping they could find it, mark as received, ebay send me the FM code by text, then I give them the code).

Having spoken to ebay customer service, they've passed it to another department to look into.

Has anyone else had this?

As an aside, I noticed the other packages had all been opened (presumably by Argos store staff). Is this normal? Never noticed that before.

Comments

• Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    No, opening packages isn't normal! I'd raise it with the store if you are sure the packages were opened after the seller had dispatched them.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had to visit Argos today to buy something else, so enquired about my package again.

This person was much more helpful and he checked the stock room. Package found, so he marked it as received. eBay sent me the collection code immediately, which I read back to him and he marked it as collected. The system seems slightly flawed when staff don't bother to check the parcels in.

I also asked about the previous packages being opened. He explained it was because the seller didn't include the unique ID on the outside of the package, so they had to open it to find out which orders the packages corresponded to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure