Getting my deposit back!

Options
Hi All, just after a bit of advice please.

A month or two back we paid a deposit to a pub/restaurant for my sons 21st in October. We have 32 people confirmed to come and celebrate with us which the manager informed us that we would have to pre order our choices, she had promised to email the menu across

Now our issue is, after promising to send the menu it didn't arrive, we have since phoned her on no less than six separate occasions with her promising to send it across to us, the latest promised deadline passed yesterday. As it is such a special birthday and the fact we have to try and get 32 different menu choices, we feel due to her inability to do such a minor task, it doesn't fill us with great hope for how the evening will go.

So the simply question is are we well within our rights to go and request the deposit back (which she may just give us with no problems) and what could I say to enforce my claim if she refuses?

Thank you in advance for any help you may give 👍🏼

Comments

• Marktheshark
    Options
    Visit and do this face to face.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • torturerforfun
    Options
    Visit and do this face to face.

That's the plan! But if she point blank refuses I want to know what my rights are? 😊
  • Marktheshark
    Options
    Your rights are, you inform them they have frustrated the contract and demand the deposit is returned in full or you will issue a small claims case.
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    I presume you've checked that she has the right email address?
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I presume you've checked that she has the right email address?

And your junk/spam folder?

Depending on the restaurant most have their menu available online these days, some just to browse and others you can download the PDF which would most likely be the format it would be emailed to you.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fosterdog wrote: »
    Depending on the restaurant most have their menu available online these days, some just to browse and others you can download the PDF which would most likely be the format it would be emailed to you.

Although for 32 people the chances are that the pub will offer a restricted choice menu.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Does the pub not have a web presence or Facebook page?

Surely a quick visit to the pub, preferably when it's not too busy would resolve this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure