Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Narkynewt
    • By Narkynewt 14th Sep 17, 9:20 AM
    • 118Posts
    • 23Thanks
    Narkynewt
    Equifax Argentina head office log in was admin, password admin.
    • 14th Sep 17, 9:20 AM
    Equifax Argentina head office log in was admin, password admin. 14th Sep 17 at 9:20 AM
    I have just read a news report which I find so ridiculous I had to share it....Can you believe that the equifax team in Argentina had their log in as ADMIN and password as ADMIN. I mean, really?! I think every single member of managment who used that log in or was aware of it needs sacking. You cannot retrain stupidity. I am actually at a loss to find the words to express how ridiculously shocking it is that the system allowed it, and they continued to use it!

Thoughts?
Page 1
    • badmemory
    • By badmemory 14th Sep 17, 10:55 AM
    • 953 Posts
    • 989 Thanks
    badmemory
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:55 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 10:55 AM
    Thoughts - are unprintable. This is a company that has so much of our financial information. The paranoid in me is asking if it was just plain stupidity or their route to fraud. Seriously did no-one at head office issue instructions about usernames and passwords? Was the whole Argentinian operation run by people who were totally computer illiterate?

The small company I used to work for anyone sharing a username & password or using such a stupid one (including childrens name birthdates etc) was considered gross misconduct.
    • Narkynewt
    • By Narkynewt 14th Sep 17, 11:01 AM
    • 118 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Narkynewt
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:01 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:01 AM
    I don't often find it had to put my thoughts down in writing but the sheer level of stupidity is making me lost for words! Just how this wasn't picked up is unreal.

I know what you mean regards passwords, it is the same in my work! How on earth can their software accept a username and password which are identical?!
    • StopIt
    • By StopIt 14th Sep 17, 11:06 AM
    • 1,392 Posts
    • 1,184 Thanks
    StopIt
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:06 AM
    • 14th Sep 17, 11:06 AM
    Companies to the public: You can trust us with your data, it's totally secure.

Companies back offices: Lets just use easily hacked admin accounts, not update our servers when vulnerabilities are known or pay for proper data security. The public will never know, mwhaha!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,099Posts Today

8,635Users online

Martin's Twitter