Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Finarghh
    • By Finarghh 13th Sep 17, 10:59 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Finarghh
    Tesco Credit Limit Increase Withdrawn
    • 13th Sep 17, 10:59 AM
    Tesco Credit Limit Increase Withdrawn 13th Sep 17 at 10:59 AM
    I got a letter about a month ago saying my limit would be increased this month but today I've received one saying the offer is withdrawn because they've assessed my financial circumstances to have changed.

I don't know what this could be though?

I haven't fallen behind with anything, nothing has been added to my credit files, and my Tesco behaviour hasn't changed - I pay off in full every month
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 13th Sep 17, 11:09 AM
    • 13,185 Posts
    • 13,495 Thanks
    zx81
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:09 AM
    • 13th Sep 17, 11:09 AM
    They may have simply tweaked their criteria.
    • davethorp
    • By davethorp 13th Sep 17, 2:08 PM
    • 1,420 Posts
    • 1,052 Thanks
    davethorp
    • 13th Sep 17, 2:08 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 2:08 PM
    Happened with me and barclaycard a year ago. Though in my case barclaycard didn’t bother to tell me and just didn’t increase the limit without so much as a word. I complained to barclaycard and did get a goodwill gesture (actually a far more generous one than I expected) but their decision stood which is fair enough as they aren’t obliged to increase limits or offer credit

• Finarghh
    • By Finarghh 13th Sep 17, 2:19 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Finarghh
    • 13th Sep 17, 2:19 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 2:19 PM
    I'm not bothered about the increase, I didn't ask for it; I want to know what they mean by altered financial circumstances etc
    • john1002
    • By john1002 13th Sep 17, 5:39 PM
    • 858 Posts
    • 362 Thanks
    john1002
    • 13th Sep 17, 5:39 PM
    • 13th Sep 17, 5:39 PM
    Only way to know is ring them and ask, they may be forthcoming or just fob you off.

Happened to me with MBNA a number of times, just ignore it and move on.

John
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,084Posts Today

6,619Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin