Direct Debits like Paypal for account switching

Options
Hi all, I notice bank accounts that offer £100 if you switch as long as you have 2 direct debits set up. I have a secondary account that I use for day to day and spending money (as opposed to my bills account with all my direct debits and standing orders).

The secondary account has a direct debit for Paypal, nothing comes out though unless I use PayPal and choose that bank. Are there any other companies who set up a direct debit on your account but won't take monthly money from it, just use it to charge me if I use the service? Having 2 DD's like this would enable me to switch for an account on offer if I choose to in the future.

Thanks
Michael

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,076 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Credit card payment is another one that can be used on an ad hoc basis if you have (or can acquire) a card that you only use occasionally.

Or there are many other ways of setting up DDs, see this recent thread and the others linked from it: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5707707

Or move some of your 'real' DDs to your secondary account temporarily while you switch and move them back again once you've secured the incentive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure