Mortgage in 1999. Ppi?

Options
Hi.

I got a mortgage with Nationwide through an advisor with a local estate agent back in 1999. I have since then had a insurance that would pay out if i was unemployed etc with countrywide i believe.

Is this a ppi ? If so who would i claim from. Can i claim against country wide?

Thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You would complain to whoever sold it to you.

Why do you believe it was mis sold?
  • Moriath
    Moriath Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    I have no idea who sold it to me. I guess this falls outside the current claim thing cause its not with the same bank as the mortgage is. :)
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    s this a ppi ?

yes
    If so who would i claim from. Can i claim against country wide?

No-one. You bought it 7 years prior to regulation of mortgage advisers.
    . I guess this falls outside the current claim thing cause its not with the same bank as the mortgage is.

PPI sold via mortgage brokers is not considered a high risk area of failure. PPI sold via banks is. Banks have to consider pre-regulation cases. Brokers/advisers do not.

One of my morgtage brokers working for me arranged a new MPPI this week. Nothing wrong with that at all. So do not mistake mortgage and standalone PPI as having the same issues as loan and credit card PPI,
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure