Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Moriath
    • By Moriath 6th Sep 17, 9:30 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Moriath
    Mortgage in 1999. Ppi?
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:30 PM
    Mortgage in 1999. Ppi? 6th Sep 17 at 9:30 PM
    Hi.

I got a mortgage with Nationwide through an advisor with a local estate agent back in 1999. I have since then had a insurance that would pay out if i was unemployed etc with countrywide i believe.

Is this a ppi ? If so who would i claim from. Can i claim against country wide?

Thanks
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 6th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    • 13,156 Posts
    • 13,467 Thanks
    zx81
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:35 PM
    You would complain to whoever sold it to you.

Why do you believe it was mis sold?
    • Moriath
    • By Moriath 6th Sep 17, 9:54 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Moriath
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:54 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:54 PM
    I have no idea who sold it to me. I guess this falls outside the current claim thing cause its not with the same bank as the mortgage is.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 6th Sep 17, 9:59 PM
    • 89,448 Posts
    • 54,910 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:59 PM
    • 6th Sep 17, 9:59 PM
    s this a ppi ?
    yes

If so who would i claim from. Can i claim against country wide?
    No-one. You bought it 7 years prior to regulation of mortgage advisers.

. I guess this falls outside the current claim thing cause its not with the same bank as the mortgage is.
    PPI sold via mortgage brokers is not considered a high risk area of failure. PPI sold via banks is. Banks have to consider pre-regulation cases. Brokers/advisers do not.

One of my morgtage brokers working for me arranged a new MPPI this week. Nothing wrong with that at all. So do not mistake mortgage and standalone PPI as having the same issues as loan and credit card PPI,
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,851Posts Today

8,165Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin