Housing benefit- change of circumstances .. universal credit ?? Help please

Options
Hi after some advice please

I currently live in a 2 bed house I shared with my 16 year old son . Who this week has moved out .

I'm currently on pip enhanced daily living and esa with the extra disability components .

I have informed child tax and child benefit and my next move is housing benefit and council tax . As it's a change of circumstances am I right in thinking I now how to make a claim for universal credit instead ? Which would result in no money for 6 weeks and a reduction in the amount of money I receive ?

Please help I am unable to visit the citizen advice due to anxiety issues

Many thanks

Comments

• Icequeen99
    Icequeen99 Posts: 3,775 Forumite
    Options
    Daisy2017 wrote: »
    Hi after some advice please

I currently live in a 2 bed house I shared with my 16 year old son . Who this week has moved out .

I'm currently on pip enhanced daily living and esa with the extra disability components .

I have informed child tax and child benefit and my next move is housing benefit and council tax . As it's a change of circumstances am I right in thinking I now how to make a claim for universal credit instead ? Which would result in no money for 6 weeks and a reduction in the amount of money I receive ?

Please help I am unable to visit the citizen advice due to anxiety issues

Many thanks

It shouldn't be a change that knocks you off HB. As long as you are still entitled to some HB you should stay on it rather than UC

IQ
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport