Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MessyMare
    • By MessyMare 27th Jul 17, 9:40 PM
    • 960Posts
    • 4,060Thanks
    MessyMare
    Running around in circles again
    • 27th Jul 17, 9:40 PM
    Running around in circles again 27th Jul 17 at 9:40 PM
    Sigh.

Long time forumite back after a long, long time.

It's funny really - I do so well when I check into the forums every day, check my bank balance, reconcile with YNAB every day...then I stop. And the debt piles on. And I feel a bit ill just looking at it.So I stop. And live in a beautiful La-La Land of crafty shopping sprees and mounting debt.

It's the same with weight loss really. Both seem to go hand in hand *cough*lackofselfcontrol*cough*. I want to be one of those sprightly gazelle types you see running along at stupid o clock in the morning while I'm slogging in to work on overtime because it gets so loud in there I can't think. To do any kind of decent work I need peace and quiet, the kind of peace and quiet I can only get at 7am. Don't get me wrong, the overtime is nice but crikey, it comes at a cost - my self control sucks even more badly when I'm tired. I'm threatening to build myself a cubicle from old pallets and electric fencing.

I'm just logging into YNAB to get my overall number (this includes the principle on the mortgage too mind).

Drumroll please

-£76843.00

Well. The only way is up, I suppose.

See you tomorrow.
    Last edited by MessyMare; 10-08-2017 at 6:16 AM. Reason: Correcting debt number
    DEBT: £2435.67/£76843
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2018 #033 £135.78/£2435.78
    EMERGENCY FUND: £1000/£1000
    Our greatest weakness lies in giving up; always try just one more time
Page 2
    • MessyMare
    • By MessyMare 13th Jan 18, 4:58 PM
    • 960 Posts
    • 4,060 Thanks
    MessyMare
    Whoops, had a bit of a slip up week and overspent, massively. Moving money around my budget means it's not so much of a huge deal but I cannot spend out of budget for the next 9 days until payday.

I'm pretty pleased with my debt before xmas 2018 total - 5.5% in less than a month, though I need to hit 8.3% every month. I'm getting there, I'm getting there. Looking forward to putting the free council tax right to the card. But you know what? Even if I don't make it by Christmas 2018 fully, I'll be almost there. I'll be so close I can touch it, and I'll be done before the interest free deal ends.

My weight did the same thing as my spending this last week; though I'm hoping to recover and have another week where I lose weight on my official weigh in. We'll see
    DEBT: £2435.67/£76843
    Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2018 #033 £135.78/£2435.78
    EMERGENCY FUND: £1000/£1000
    Our greatest weakness lies in giving up; always try just one more time
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,128Posts Today

8,707Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter poll: Following yesterday's poll about being an organ donor when you die - would you consider being? https://t.co/tCTWjJBin8

• RT @clq: @MartinSLewis You hit that one right out of the park. It might be the Tweet of the Century. I don't think anyone can do any Batter?

• You've run-out of puns. That's a bit of a googly, maybe I can help break your duck, though it is s sticky wicket, t? https://t.co/nJT51NpXfO

• Follow Martin