IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ParkingEye Final Notice

Options
On 13 July 2017 I received a Final Notice from ParkingEye dated 5 July 2017 stating that as I have ignored the Parking Charge previously issued I now only have 14 days to pay £85 to them and that because the 28 day period has now lapsed I cant even appeal. The "Date of Event" they state in their Final Notice was 14 May 2017.

The Final Notice dated 5 July 2017 is the FIRST form of correspondence I have ever received from ParkingEye, I have received no Parking Charge Notice or any other form of correspondence from them, not on the day they are alleging and nowhere in between that date and the date of this Final Notice I have now received.

They are now threatening my credit record and to action this further if I do not pay them.

Surely they need to have issued me with a Parking Charge Notice before issuing me with this Final Notice?

I have also done some research and the Freedom Act states that the notice would have to have been "affixed to my vehicle before leaving the private land"... Absolutely nothing has ever been affixed to my vehicle, not before, not then and not now.

Please can someone let me know what I should do in this situation... I do not believe I did anything wrong and I do not think it is right or fair of them to threaten my credit record like this.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Everyone is politely asked to read up about private pcns in the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Have a read there and learn about the game you are caught up in - you will see you are mistaken about a PCN having to be stuck on the car

(PE are very litigious so do expect the likelihood of court action)
  • Mrs_Visser
    Options
    Thank you, but I still have not received any Parking Charge Notice before this Final Notice. Nothing has been sent to me in writing from them before this, not in the post (or on my car) and certainly nothing from them explaining this matter which they should have done in their first letter, which was never done.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 July 2017 at 11:33AM
    Options
    As well as reading the Newbies Sticky, if your username reflects your real name, then you need to do something to protect your identity better - PPCs do trawl this forum to try and identify people and use their posts against them. :(

Not issuing the initial notices is a tactic we are seeing more and more recently - PE are amongst the more straightforward to beat but somehow "losing" the first couple of letters makes your life more difficult and stacks the deck in their favour. Welcome to the bandit-country of private parking.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    99% of PCN`s issued by Parking Eye are ANPR notices and issued following ANPR capture cameras at the entrance/exit of a car park (private land)

so you are reading the wrong part of POFA2012 , you are reading about windscreen notices (the old methods) and not the ANPR capture methods used a lot now by the parking companies

the ANPR methods mean they issue an invoice in the post (no windscreen ticket at all) and this is deemed "acceptable" , just like bus lane charges by the council are monitored in a similar way , or speeding offences caught by cameras on motorways , then the notices are sent by post later

you should go to the PE website , appeal as KEEPER in the drop down menu and copy and paste the BLUE TEXT template as an appeal , asap

forget about your assumptions on how this racket works, just assume we are right and do as we say

anyone can issue you an invoice by post , for any alleged debt , a parking charge notice is no different (even though you dont appear to have received the initial NTK)

so treat this final demand as an NTK and appeal it , then worry about understanding this sc@mmers paradise in an unregulated industry

welcome to our world
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,124 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Mrs_Visser wrote: »
    Thank you, but I still have not received any Parking Charge Notice before this Final Notice. Nothing has been sent to me in writing from them before this, not in the post (or on my car) and certainly nothing from them explaining this matter which they should have done in their first letter, which was never done.

Just appeal anyway as per the NEWBIES thread, as keeper.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure