IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Change in Hours of Operation

Options
KEKL
KEKL Posts: 2 Newbie
edited 13 July 2017 at 4:35PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Are the following reasonable to use in a defence where the vehicle was parked from 8.42am to 9.14am:
1) The parking controls had previously operated from 9am for > 20 years. There is no signage alerting to change of operable hours although noted that the very small parking signs do state the hours of operation.
2) Local resident bays control parking from 9am therefore no expectation that a new operator would change the hours of operation.

This is for a CEL case with PCN/NTK through the post.

Many thanks

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    That won't work.

Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now for advice on how to deal with this

Edit your post to remove details of who was driving
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Please read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES then send the BPA template in blue, from the keeper.

What happened on the day is irrelevant so 3) is of no use to you.

Operators are required to allow a reasonable bedding in if Ts and Cs have changed, so not warning motorists beforehand is a breach of the BPA CoP so would be one of several appeal point at the second stage appeal, PoPLA.

Do not reveal the driver's identity, not even on here, so never say I parked or I used to park etcetera.

Was this a windscreen ticket or PCN/NTK through the post?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Are the following reasonable to use in a defence
    Do you mean to defend a court claim?

Or just first appeal for a recent PCN?

Either way, other CEL threads show you that templates are used, for appeal or defence v CEL.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KEKL
    KEKL Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 13 July 2017 at 4:38PM
    Options
    I couldn't find anything specifically referring to change of hours so want to know if this is relevant. This is to defend a court claim.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    OK, so your defence can be based on the usual templates you see used on other CEL threads. The you could add a quote you will find in the BPA Code of Practice, about the need to make signage clear, especially if enforcement is new or the terms have changed.

If yours is a 12th June claim you MUST email this to the CCBC tomorrow morning, to avoid a default loss. We know lots were issued a month ago and you are nearly out of time to defend, if so.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure