IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Auxillis Admin Charges

Options
Hello everyone,

I had a car accident back in February. My insurer Elephant pass me on to Auxillis for repairs and hire car. I had my hire car for 10.5 weeks, this is how long they took to repair my vehicle.

On the first day, we had a flat tyre for no obvious reason (bit sue to me) called the number they gave me and they came to my home and repaired, I was later invoiced by email for £191.38, I couldn't believe it, apparently £60 was an admin fee.

Also while in possession of the hire car, I received 2 PCNs. The first I received for parking in my leisure centre, where I have parked loads of times before with my own car and never received a fine. £60 PCN and £60 admin fee!! The second was a prohibited right turn, where I have turned right before with no issues, another admin fee of £60! Therefore, I have racked up £180 in admin charges! :mad:
Now this morning I receive an email saying I'm being charged again for the prohibited right turn one again? This cannot be right, has anyone else experienced excessive admin charges or multiple charges from this or similar companies?

I am taking advice from Citizens Advice Bureau as I don't think this is right at all. Do you think I am able to get this refunded? Or at least part refunded?

Also, I have never received any PCN in my 10 years of driving and I get 2 while using a hire vehicle. Do the cameras know they are hire vehicles from the Reg plate and purposeley charge?? Very suspicious to me!

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Now this morning I receive an email saying I'm being charged again for the prohibited right turn one again? This cannot be right, has anyone else experienced excessive admin charges or multiple charges from this or similar companies?
    That must have been a Council PCN, so were you ever shown the PCN? Did the prohibited right turn happen twice - two PCNs?

Re the leisure centre one, this was not a real PCN was it, surely it was a scam parking charge from a private company and you should have been given the chance to appeal that trash and kill it, seeing as (unlike a Council PCN) it is primarily the liability of the driver (you) and therefore YOU could appeal it. Did the company refuse to let you see that fake PCN and appeal it, did they pay it? Which parking firm?

The CAB will be useless. Worse than useless. Sadly they have no clue about PCNs of any type and probably won't even have picked up the difference between the real one and the private one.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure