Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • EmmaVD
    • By EmmaVD 10th Jul 17, 12:32 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 3Thanks
    EmmaVD
    Success with PPI claim!
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:32 PM
    Success with PPI claim! 10th Jul 17 at 12:32 PM
    I just wanted to share that I applied for mis-sold PPI with Lloyds using revolver site on 31st May 2017 and I have just had almost £13,000 back on 2 cards and a loan!

Thank you so much MSE! I am overjoyed!
Page 1
    • takman
    • By takman 10th Jul 17, 1:19 PM
    • 2,901 Posts
    • 2,416 Thanks
    takman
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:19 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:19 PM
    I just wanted to share that I applied for mis-sold PPI with Lloyds using revolver site on 31st May 2017 and I have just had almost £13,000 back on 2 cards and a loan!

Thank you so much MSE! I am overjoyed!
    Originally posted by EmmaVD
    You "applied for mis-sold PPI" ? ; i always find it amusing how people actually get a refund of their PPI payments but are unable to correctly state what they did to get it!.
    • amersall
    • By amersall 11th Jul 17, 8:15 AM
    • 15,184 Posts
    • 18,763 Thanks
    amersall
    • 11th Jul 17, 8:15 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 8:15 AM
    I agree, it would be a help to other posters to know what was actually done to get the refund.

• Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 11th Jul 17, 9:50 AM
    • 18,906 Posts
    • 10,122 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:50 AM
    • 11th Jul 17, 9:50 AM
    I think it's clear from the OP's terminology that it was the Bank's investigation (rather than her actual complaint) which resulted in the refund.
    • Jd23845
    • By Jd23845 14th Jul 17, 9:23 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Jd23845
    • 14th Jul 17, 9:23 AM
    • 14th Jul 17, 9:23 AM
    That's great news.

Could you tell me a little bit about the process you went through with them. I've currently submitted 2 complaints and got sent some questionnaires to complete a little while ago but nothing since.

I know other people got sent a text when they were nearing the end of their investigation, did you?
    • Tacosss1985
    • By Tacosss1985 15th Jul 17, 3:34 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tacosss1985
    • 15th Jul 17, 3:34 AM
    • 15th Jul 17, 3:34 AM
    I got refunded PPI for a loan I got when I was 18 I got the debt written off eventually (longer story) but all I did was write a letter I had my original contrast which didn't specify the PPI but just had 'charges' on it. I requested a break down of these charges and asked if it was PPI, and if so I wasn't told about this and felt it was mis sold they didn't even question me, just sent me the money
    • Tacosss1985
    • By Tacosss1985 15th Jul 17, 3:35 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tacosss1985
    • 15th Jul 17, 3:35 AM
    • 15th Jul 17, 3:35 AM
    That meant to say contract won't let me edit
    • luci 1
    • By luci 1 28th Jul 17, 11:15 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    luci 1
    • 28th Jul 17, 11:15 PM
    • 28th Jul 17, 11:15 PM
    I have just made a successful claim against Yorkshire Bank - rang their ppi complaints department and did it over the phone. I didn't have paperwork but I did have loan ref numbers from my credit report - last loan had been paid off @8 yrs before. It wasn't difficult, don't involve a claims firm you really don't need to. Just over 17k
    • 66delboy66
    • By 66delboy66 16th Aug 17, 12:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    66delboy66
    • 16th Aug 17, 12:06 PM
    YB paid out
    • 16th Aug 17, 12:06 PM
    Hi
    Just got back over £10k in PPI compensation from the Clydesdale /Yorkshire Bank this despite failing two years ago using a claims company .
    The excuse YB gave originally was that it was too long ago for them to check ,well after reading Martin's ppi advice one day I thought why not so I used the Resolver tool on MSE website ,filled template letter in and sent it via email to resolver,low and behold a few weeks later a letter came from YB to say they were investigating ,then about a month later I got a letter saying my complaint was upheld
    The moral of the story is just because you've been knocked back using a claims company keep going and try again yourself
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 16th Aug 17, 12:11 PM
    • 89,937 Posts
    • 56,621 Thanks
    dunstonh
    Hi
    Just got back over £10k in PPI compensation from the Clydesdale /Yorkshire Bank this despite failing two years ago using a claims company .
    The excuse YB gave originally was that it was too long ago for them to check ,well after reading Martin's ppi advice one day I thought why not so I used the Resolver tool on MSE website ,filled template letter in and sent it via email to resolver,low and behold a few weeks later a letter came from YB to say they were investigating ,then about a month later I got a letter saying my complaint was upheld
    The moral of the story is just because you've been knocked back using a claims company keep going and try again yourself
    Originally posted by 66delboy66
    Actually, its more likely that its because yours is Clydesdale. They were fined and have been instructed to go back over previous rejections and review the complaints again. A task that is still ongoing. By you raising your complaint again, it brought your review to the front. They would almost certainly have got to you at some point had you done nothing.
    Another plus is that you don't have to pay the CMC anything.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • minichick
    • By minichick 21st Aug 17, 8:32 AM
    • 15 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    minichick
    refund
    can you tell me how long it took for you to received your refund from the Clydesdale bank?
    • louisewestlake
    • By louisewestlake 21st Aug 17, 4:34 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    louisewestlake
    I also had a PPI refund of over £12000 from RBS for a MINT card I had from 1999 to 2009. It was added automatically and I wrote several times to cancel it with no response. It was cancelled when RBS took over. I claimed through resolver, with no details apart from approximate years we had card. I received first letter from RBS re investigation within 1 month, then another after 6 weeks, saying investigation continuing. I came back from holiday to find an letter offering £12000 which consisted of original premiums £4000, compound interest on premiums £5000, 8% interest of £3800, less 20% interest of £765. I was only expecting 2 or 3 thousand if anything. I had previously enquiried through one of those PPI companies and they couldn't find it. But I knew we'd had it and that they hadn't cancelled it when asked, so used Resolver and SUCCESS!
    • angela17
    • By angela17 14th Dec 17, 2:38 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    angela17
    Clydesdale Bank PPI
    I received a reply from The Clydesdale Bank saying that I wasn't entitled to PPI a week ago. Then today I received a letter which says they are going to refund me for a transaction in 2009 were I didn't take cash from an ATM plus compensatory interest less a tax deduction. I'm 99% sure this did not happen but unsure what to do as I know I did have PPI with them.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 15th Dec 17, 6:50 AM
    • 7,181 Posts
    • 5,167 Thanks
    -taff
    You can't do anything because your PPI complaint was rejected.
    Your option is to go to the FOS, and do it within 6 months, but that's not a guarantee of anything.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,482Posts Today

6,357Users online

Martin's Twitter