Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pjran
    • By pjran 10th Jul 17, 12:20 PM
    • 909Posts
    • 4,484Thanks
    pjran
    0 WOW
    New M&S sale
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:20 PM
    0 WOW
    New M&S sale 10th Jul 17 at 12:20 PM
    If you're lucky enough to have priority access to M&S sales you benefit from choosing all sale items with a 50% off. This is a great offer as last time they had a sale I bought a couple of items which once live to everyone never came down to half price.

I assume the sale goes live tomorrow for those without priority access and sure some will find bargains.

I can't post a link without it showing my a/c

Official MoneySavingExpert insert Tue 11 Jul: The M&S up to 50% off sale is now available online (http://www.marksandspencer.com/c/offers) and in stores, with discounts on selected lines in the clothing, beauty, home and wine departments. M&S told us the sale's on while stock lasts.
    Big thanks to pjran for the original spot!
    This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Tom; 12-07-2017 at 9:33 AM.
Page 1
    • SnowyOwl
    • By SnowyOwl 10th Jul 17, 1:06 PM
    • 5,120 Posts
    • 14,796 Thanks
    SnowyOwl
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:06 PM
    link
    • 10th Jul 17, 1:06 PM
    Search for Sparks preview sale on the M&S webpage - that might be it.
    Last edited by SnowyOwl; 10-07-2017 at 1:07 PM. Reason: add link

• VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 10th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    • 22,944 Posts
    • 47,818 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    • 10th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    • 10th Jul 17, 4:16 PM
    Do these sales extend to the large outlets? I ask because I find myself in close proximity to one today. I'll pop in if I have time this evening.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 11th Jul 17, 12:57 PM
    • 12,316 Posts
    • 39,420 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 11th Jul 17, 12:57 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 12:57 PM
    Just been into the Guildford store, very few mens bits but some great bargains in ladies wear. Rows and rows of it.

Only thing in the home section on sale was bedding that had a little bit knocked off.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • sampan26
    • By sampan26 11th Jul 17, 3:37 PM
    • 561 Posts
    • 1,070 Thanks
    sampan26
    • 11th Jul 17, 3:37 PM
    • 11th Jul 17, 3:37 PM
    I feel slightly ripped off by the "sale".
    Yesterday was the preview, and when I'd finished work I checked it out, items added to my basket, at 50% off, then said out of stock when I tried to check out.
    But the items stayed in my basket, and showed in stock again this morning, full price.
    M&S then said they had "technical difficulties" in a tweet to me, in a reply as to why the sale wasn't live this morning,
    Then when it went live around 11am, the items then showed as 30% off, not the 50% which was offered yesterday.
    I don't get it? I feel a bit ripped off being a Sparks member.
    • murphy16
    • By murphy16 12th Jul 17, 6:46 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 142 Thanks
    murphy16
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:46 AM
    • 12th Jul 17, 6:46 AM
    I tried to shop in the 50% off preview, I picked several things that were showing in stock in my size. Went to pay for them and got a message that everything I wanted was out of stock. Total waste of my time.
    • Whalie
    • By Whalie 12th Jul 17, 12:45 PM
    • 171 Posts
    • 139 Thanks
    Whalie
    • 12th Jul 17, 12:45 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 12:45 PM
    Everything I had in my basket was out of stock too! Spent time going through it all only to be disappointed. When will we actually get anything worthwhile being a Sparks member!
    Last edited by Whalie; 13-07-2017 at 12:46 PM.
    • Scrapmate
    • By Scrapmate 12th Jul 17, 3:53 PM
    • 83 Posts
    • 248 Thanks
    Scrapmate
    • 12th Jul 17, 3:53 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 3:53 PM
    Same thing happened to me. then I got an email the next day to say that I had outstanding items in my basket (the same items that were OOS the day before). I complained to customer services and got a bland reply back on the lines of 'sorry you were unsuccessful but hopefully you will pick up some other bargains'. Then I got an email asking if my query had been resolved successfully! So I told them exactly what I thought of their cr** website and being a 'privileged Sparks member'. Waiting for a response...
    BTW did anyone manage to buy anything at 50% off ?
    Use your stuff challenge 50/50
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 12th Jul 17, 4:19 PM
    • 12,316 Posts
    • 39,420 Thanks
    sarah1972
    • 12th Jul 17, 4:19 PM
    • 12th Jul 17, 4:19 PM
    [QUOTE
    BTW did anyone manage to buy anything at 50% off ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I got some ladies wear bits and pieces (tops, trousers, underwear and dresses)
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • grunnie
    • By grunnie 13th Jul 17, 10:12 AM
    • 1,575 Posts
    • 8,788 Thanks
    grunnie
    I did 5 orders on Sunday, the money was taken from my account on Tuesday but the delivery date is Thursday of next week. Usually they don't take the money till dispatch. Anyone else had this? Not pleased.
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 13th Jul 17, 12:18 PM
    • 12,316 Posts
    • 39,420 Thanks
    sarah1972
    I did 5 orders on Sunday, the money was taken from my account on Tuesday but the delivery date is Thursday of next week. Usually they don't take the money till dispatch. Anyone else had this? Not pleased.
    Originally posted by grunnie
    I order a lot from M&S and I have only ever had the money taken out at point of order and never on the despatch day.
    • AmberMorris
    • By AmberMorris 13th Jul 17, 2:03 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    AmberMorris
    Happened to me just once and I immediately contacted staff to check why's that. They've said that it's normal and can happen sometimes, no reason behind it. Next time I ordered everything was normal.
    • JEN22
    • By JEN22 13th Jul 17, 3:12 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 53 Thanks
    JEN22
    Is it me or is this sale the worst in years
    • RainbowDrops
    • By RainbowDrops 13th Jul 17, 3:41 PM
    • 4,341 Posts
    • 4,751 Thanks
    RainbowDrops
    Is it me or is this sale the worst in years
    Originally posted by JEN22
    I saw a news report recently saying how M&S had been changing their Sale strategies, trying not to have as many discounts, and not reducing things by as much as they used too.
    • Wizzbang
    • By Wizzbang 14th Jul 17, 4:06 PM
    • 4,000 Posts
    • 8,681 Thanks
    Wizzbang
    I saw a news report recently saying how M&S had been changing their Sale strategies, trying not to have as many discounts, and not reducing things by as much as they used too.
    Originally posted by RainbowDrops
    I think it's pretty poor too. You can tell they're hanging onto most of their summer stock in the hopes they can sell it at full price. They'll lost me as a shopper then, not that they'll mind. I only bought at 70-90% off! Thankfully I got enough dirt cheap last year to keep me going for a while
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £33,560.67
    (Not inc coupons, yellow stickies, bank interest or loyalty rewards because I have better things to do than catalogue everything!) Swagbucks £2,175
    • Lara
    • By Lara 14th Jul 17, 4:54 PM
    • 2,772 Posts
    • 1,678 Thanks
    Lara
    I ordered some items with the 50% off and chose to collect at a local Simply Food store as before it had taken 10 days plus to arrive via post. This time they were there on Tuesday. Apart from two items I managed to get everything, mainly children's wear. When I went into my local M&S to return something I checked the rail and the two dresses I had bought for my granddaughter @50% discount (£24) were marked up as £19 and I paid £12. £7 is quite a bit of difference but the poster did say "Up to 50% off". Also I never realised sale items have to be returned within 14 days. I hadn't realised the terms had changed.
    • luxor4t
    • By luxor4t 15th Jul 17, 6:05 PM
    • 9,636 Posts
    • 34,499 Thanks
    luxor4t
    [QUOTE=Scrapmate;7282845......BTW did anyone manage to buy anything at 50% off ?[/QUOTE]

I did. I made my 50% off order (mainly nightwear) on Sunday, and it was available for collection instore on the day arranged.

Instore I was surprised at the amount of reduced items on the rails and bought two blouses, trousers and two casual shirts for DH all at more than 50% off. Sounds like I was very lucky.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
    • vivmagb
    • By vivmagb 25th Jul 17, 9:37 AM
    • 173 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    vivmagb
    Hi everyone, does anyone know when final reductions will be?
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 25th Jul 17, 12:50 PM
    • 12,316 Posts
    • 39,420 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Hi everyone, does anyone know when final reductions will be?
    Originally posted by vivmagb
    60% off in Guildford today, racks and racks and racks of sale stuff still instore.
    • curl girl
    • By curl girl 27th Jul 17, 9:55 AM
    • 1,884 Posts
    • 17,986 Thanks
    curl girl
    60% off in Guildford today, racks and racks and racks of sale stuff still instore.
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    UP TO 60% off.

Not much reduced that much in my store.
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboards!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

36Posts Today

5,071Users online

Martin's Twitter