Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nmlc
    • By nmlc 10th Jul 17, 6:15 AM
    • 2,754Posts
    • 37,015Thanks
    nmlc
    O/S Daily Monday 10 July 2017
    • 10th Jul 17, 6:15 AM
    O/S Daily Monday 10 July 2017 10th Jul 17 at 6:15 AM
    O/S Daily Monday 10 July 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid stupid early. DS1 now getting ready for work, and DS2 still in his pit.

Cloudy overcast and dull, but it's starting like this most days, then sky clears and we got lovely sunshine, we'll see.

Yesterday meals were a bit staggered, boys had the ready meals I'd left for them at lunchtime and we got back just as they were finishing cooking, so DH and I had egg and bacon on toast. In the evening I cooked the gammon joint, and we had new potatoes, cauli in cheese sauce, mixed veg and gravy with it. Today I'm not sure what we'll be eating as have to go to DH's work and go with him to collect new sofa, old one has gone and last night was spent some of us sitting on camping chairs - but it was only for 1 night and it was a massive help from DH's mate who came and took the old sofa to the dump for us.

I had a productive shopping trip yesterday also, got everything needed, so can bin the stuff with holes. I could have spent a lot longer looking and I went in 2 shops - I wasn't impressed as I had said I'd go on my own so I could look and spend what time I wanted but DH said he'd like to go, so he took me, won't be doing that again in a hurry. I prefer shopping alone or with people who have the same idea as me.

We have had a reasonably productive weekend though, so jobs that needed to be done have been done, and once new sofa is in situ tonight after we've collected it, that's another job done.

Back to work today - if I remember correctly I'm doing a different job again today, one where I'm working alone in my own office, so don't mind that and I find it less pressurized although a lot of my colleagues hate it! The day should pass quite quickly as I'll be busy.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    Last edited by nmlc; 10-07-2017 at 6:36 AM.
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
Page 3
    • Judi
    • By Judi 10th Jul 17, 9:11 PM
    • 14,838 Posts
    • 59,655 Thanks
    Judi
    as yet, no name....

Her older brother 'Livewire'. Asleep blissfully unaware.

'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Floss
    • By Floss 10th Jul 17, 9:15 PM
    • 3,655 Posts
    • 28,234 Thanks
    Floss
    Judi she is gorgeous! Is Livewire with you for the next few days then?

Speky congratulations Uncle!
    • Judi
    • By Judi 10th Jul 17, 9:29 PM
    • 14,838 Posts
    • 59,655 Thanks
    Judi
    Judi she is gorgeous! Is Livewire with you for the next few days then?
    Originally posted by Floss
    I told my daughter i would have him as long as she needed me to whether its hours or a few days but she's had an easy delivery so i am assuming he will be back with her tomorrow. The staff were happy to let my daughter out as soon as she wanted to leave but the baby will be looked at by the paediatrician before she leaves. As my first born died with heart defects my daughter is keen to get her daughter (as she was with her son) fully assessed before leaving the hospital.

I cant believe the day ive had, its been pandamonium.
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 10th Jul 17, 9:36 PM
    • 3,494 Posts
    • 19,860 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    Congratulations JUDI. She's beautiful x
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
    • Judi
    • By Judi 10th Jul 17, 9:37 PM
    • 14,838 Posts
    • 59,655 Thanks
    Judi
    She was 5 days early, just like 'Livewire'. My daughter got to the hospital at the exact time she did with 'Livewire' by that time she was more or less ready to give birth.... Daddy is in shock.
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 10th Jul 17, 9:58 PM
    • 14,919 Posts
    • 120,827 Thanks
    JackieO
    That's brilliant news Judi congratulations to you all, you have had such a time of it recently so a new baby to cuddle may help you a little I envy you as all my grandchildren are taller than me, and the youngest is 13 and I do miss the babies. I am only hoping my eldest DGS Danny and his wife may think about a little one ,but they are in New York ,so a long way for a cuddle Two babies in one day on the forum thats got to be a record Best wishes to their Mums , Dads and relatives
    May they both have long and happy lives

JackieO xxx
    Quot Libra,Quam Breve Tempus.
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 10th Jul 17, 10:03 PM
    • 224 Posts
    • 2,662 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Awww Judi she's so beautiful and I hope everything is ok.
    • topsyturphy
    • By topsyturphy 10th Jul 17, 10:06 PM
    • 1,169 Posts
    • 9,829 Thanks
    topsyturphy
    Congratulations Judi, she is gorgeous.

Congratulations also to Uncle Speky on the birth of your neice.
    • Gers
    • By Gers 10th Jul 17, 10:14 PM
    • 5,594 Posts
    • 32,151 Thanks
    Gers
    Must be a first on the daily thread. 2 birth announcements. My daughter gave birth half an hour ago. Mother and daughter well.

Have a good evening all.
    Originally posted by Judi
    She's gorgeous Judi, congratulations to all your family.

Hello, just wanted to congratulate Judi and her family.
    Gers I feel your frustration with the broadband problems. Ours fluctuated between 2.9mbps and 0.25mbps. It would then drop off for no apparent reason, so had a month of complaining to S*y, who in fairness got Open Reach out 4 times. It seemed that there were 4 different faults detected ( one each time) and it was only the telephone line engineers who finally gave us a new telephone line that cured the drop off and crackly phone line. Did get a free upgrade to fibre optic for 18 months and free line rental for a month for our trouble though . So I believe perseverance is the key, as I think they got fed up with us ringing every week .
    Goodnight all
    Originally posted by nannywindow

I'd pay a lot for fibre optic but can't get it here until at least 2020 so stuck. It's when I get told that there's not a problem when there obviously is that I get annoyed!

Meeting over, had a cuppa at home and now in bed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,401Posts Today

8,263Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin