Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • DonLa
    • By DonLa 9th Jul 17, 11:10 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    DonLa
    Smart Parking Ltd!!
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:10 PM
    Smart Parking Ltd!! 9th Jul 17 at 11:10 PM
    Hi,

Looking for some advice I have just received a PCN from smart parking ltd letter dated 4/7/17 the contravention was on the 30/5/2017 at Knightlys fun park Abergele.
    This letter however has been sent to the wrong address to someone who lives over the road to myself, they have just given me it today. On the date of the alleged contravention a 3 hour ticket was purchased it did run over by 15 mins another ticket was purchased for another hour the vehicle left the car park a minute before this ticket ran out, which is shown in the ANPR photos.
    A friend who was also using the car park on this day in another vehicle had a PCN from smart parking ltd in June. She appealed it but was rejected she has paid the charge. In her appeal letter she did state why another vehicle had not received a charge?? She used copies of the purchased parking tickets for this vehicle as evidence for her appeal as she had discarded hers ? Wonder if this is why I as the "keeper"have now had the PCN .Also the vehicle is leased through my work so I am wondering what should I do, ignore it or appeal??
    Many thanks
    Last edited by DonLa; 09-07-2017 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Advised
Page 1
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Jul 17, 11:13 PM
    • 32,403 Posts
    • 16,503 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:13 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:13 PM
    First edit your post to remove details of who was driving.

The ppcs monitor this forum and can use your posts against you.

Then read up in the newbies FAQ thread near the top of the forum on how to deal with this

Read up there on what action drivers of lease cars need to do
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 9th Jul 17, 11:22 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:22 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:22 PM
    On the date of the alleged contravention I purchased a 3 hour ticket but did go over by 15 mins then went back to purchase another ticket for another hour but I left the car park a minute before this ticket ran out,
    Originally posted by DonLa
    The issue is you went over by 15 minutes and then purchased another ticket for another hour.

the new ticket would not cover the 15 minutes you went over as it will be a new ticket and i bet like most of their car parks it will be a no return for 1 hr, so say you purchased a 3hr ticket at 10am, this would allow you to park until 1pm, you went over by 15 minutes so say 1.15pm, this would mean you could not return to that car park again until 2.15pm, so the fact you purchased another ticket for an hr, you breached i guess 2 of their rules
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Jul 17, 11:30 PM
    • 32,403 Posts
    • 16,503 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:30 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:30 PM
    The issue is ......
    Originally posted by angryparcel
    The issue is irrelevant.

The newbies faq thread near the top of the forum explains the issues that defendants can raise to get these invoices killed off.

You can assist by editing your post to refer to "the driver" in the third person.

The op has edited the post you have now quoted to remove details of who was driving
    Last edited by Quentin; 09-07-2017 at 11:45 PM.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 9th Jul 17, 11:37 PM
    • 910 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    angryparcel
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:37 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:37 PM

You can assist by editing your post to refer to "the driver" in the third person.
    Originally posted by Quentin
    what do you mean my post was just explaining how smart car parks work which is like a lot of these operations buying a new ticket does not cover any overage of a previous ticket and you have to leave the car park and not return for an hour.
    I have seen some operators where you cant return for 3 hrs.

Smart Car Parks is one of the best operators out their. with them you can even reserve a parking space via an app
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Jul 17, 11:43 PM
    • 32,403 Posts
    • 16,503 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:43 PM
    • 9th Jul 17, 11:43 PM
    We aren't concerned with the ppcs services.

Your post refers to what the driver did.

It's important for the driver not to be identified

You can assist by not pointing a finger at the op
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 17, 12:02 AM
    • 49,054 Posts
    • 62,517 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:02 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:02 AM
    Smart Car Parks is one of the best operators out their. with them you can even reserve a parking space via an app

No-one here on this board has ever posted such ridiculous words. Apart from the dreadful spelling, it sounds like Spam.

You have no idea, clearly haven't realised the entire industry is rotten (or you work for them - shame on you if so).

Smart are easy to beat. The NEWBIES thread appeal will kill the scam off.

A friend who was also using the car park on this day in another vehicle had a PCN from smart parking ltd in June. She appealed it but was rejected she has paid the charge.
    What a hopeless victim she was. She only had to Google it and appeal properly, as keeper. Easy.

Wonder if this is why I as the "keeper"have now had the PCN .Also the vehicle is leased through my work so I am wondering what should I do, ignore it or appeal??
    You have had this now because Smart obviously write to the lease company first. So all you need to do is appeal as lessee/hirer, using the appeal written by Edna Basher in the section of the NEWBIES thread about company/lease vehicles.

Get the appeal right and it's simple.

Sadly, your friend did it all wrong. She doesn't seem to have even realised that she didn't have to actually PAY! It's not a real fine so why on earth someone rushes to pay - especially a person who could have Googled it - is always beyond me.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 10-07-2017 at 12:09 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• DonLa
    • By DonLa 10th Jul 17, 12:15 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DonLa
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:15 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:15 AM
    Will definitely look at the newbie thread & use the template to appeal the first thing I did when I seen the letter was google it, wish my friend had too
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 17, 12:20 AM
    • 49,054 Posts
    • 62,517 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:20 AM
    • 10th Jul 17, 12:20 AM
    Make sure you use the one written by Edna Basher, the one specific to hire/lease vehicles (near the end of post #1 of that sticky thread).
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 10th Jul 17, 8:56 AM
    • 2,294 Posts
    • 3,439 Thanks
    fisherjim
    Smart Car Parks is one of the best operators out their there.
    Are you really serious?

Maybe you should do some proper research on here and see what a complete bunch of scammers these are!
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Jul 17, 9:07 AM
    • 5,677 Posts
    • 7,334 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Smart Car Parks is one of the best operators out their. with them you can even reserve a parking space via an app[/QUOTE]

Now. that is a joke, why do you think that companies like Asda
    kicked them out

You should change the word "best" to "worst"
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 10th Jul 17, 9:57 AM
    • 910 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    angryparcel
    Are you really serious?

Maybe you should do some proper research on here and see what a complete bunch of scammers these are!
    Originally posted by fisherjim
    I have done plenty of research on most of these operators when the office block i work from needed a company to run the carpark as staff could not park due to people parking to walk into town.
    Smart carparks was the best following 6 months researching various car park operators
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Jul 17, 10:06 AM
    • 5,677 Posts
    • 7,334 Thanks
    beamerguy
    I have done plenty of research on most of these operators when the office block i work from needed a company to run the carpark as staff could not park due to people parking to walk into town.
    Smart carparks was the best following 6 months researching various car park operators
    Good luck to you... this will be the start of your problems using Smart

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Jul 17, 10:15 AM
    • 14,087 Posts
    • 22,118 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Three questions @angryparcel:

How much do Smart charge you for their 'services'?

Have they got rid of your 'fly-parkers'?

How will they earn money from your car park going forward?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • angryparcel
    • By angryparcel 10th Jul 17, 11:16 AM
    • 910 Posts
    • 515 Thanks
    angryparcel
    Answers below

That is between them and the office tenants group

all staff can park without issue and an area is set aside for public use

all staff pay £10 a year for a parking disc which links the the ANPR system, which covers their service charges, The public pay £2 for 3 hrs and no return within 1 hr
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    A review of their services is due in Jan. which is carried out every 5 years
    Last edited by angryparcel; 10-07-2017 at 11:26 AM.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 10th Jul 17, 11:56 AM
    • 5,677 Posts
    • 7,334 Thanks
    beamerguy
    Answers below

What you state is how a car park should be run.

The concern is those motorists who are trapped by Smart and then face tickets up to £100, especially those who maybe returned two hours later with a double dip ANPR system which is known to be dodgy at the best of times

You really should read about Smart here ...
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=smart+parking

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 10th Jul 17, 2:07 PM
    • 2,294 Posts
    • 3,439 Thanks
    fisherjim
    And when they realise they aren't making enough profit out of the contract and start their shenanigans you might regret it!
    To quote the words of the great Count Arthur Strong "You Couldn't make it up"
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Jul 17, 2:32 PM
    • 49,054 Posts
    • 62,517 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Answers below

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Umkomaas View Post

That is between them and the office tenants group

all staff can park without issue and an area is set aside for public use

all staff pay £10 a year for a parking disc which links the the ANPR system, which covers their service charges, The public pay £2 for 3 hrs and no return within 1 hr
    And what happens to staff who one day have to bring a new car or courtesy car in?

What happens to new staff on their first days, before they get such a disc?

How many £100 PCNs have Smart issued, do you know? It will be hundreds every month, including to staff, of course.

• DonLa
    • By DonLa 14th Jul 17, 10:26 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DonLa
    Just about to email an appeal as the "keeper "to smart parking using the template by Edna , just wondered should the email address the issue that smart parking ltd sent the PCN to ge incorrect address and only that the neighbours re delivered it. The PCN has just been received. Also should the appeal attach any parking tickets that were purchased in date on the said contravention??
    Many Thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 14th Jul 17, 12:46 PM
    • 49,054 Posts
    • 62,517 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes and yes!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

144Posts Today

2,732Users online

Martin's Twitter