Argos Return without a box?

I purchased a 55" TV back in April and since then It has become faulty, I have organised the return with Argos and they have asked me to box it up and a courier will come and collect it. I informed them that the box was damaged and I couldn't use it so they asked the courier to supply one, which they denied so are refusing to collect the item.

Is there anything I can do? I can't get to the Argos store with the TV myself otherwise I'd of taken that route already.

Comments

• takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    elKz_ wrote: »
    I purchased a 55" TV back in April and since then It has become faulty, I have organised the return with Argos and they have asked me to box it up and a courier will come and collect it. I informed them that the box was damaged and I couldn't use it so they asked the courier to supply one, which they denied so are refusing to collect the item.

Is there anything I can do? I can't get to the Argos store with the TV myself otherwise I'd of taken that route already.

Use tape/other boxes to fix the TV box and then send it in that.
  • shaun_from_Africa
    shaun_from_Africa Posts: 12,858 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Do you have a large Currys/PC world near to you?
    If so, take a trip there and go to the back of the store (outside) where their rubbish is and you may well find something suitable there.

If not and you get desperate there's always this option:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-55inch-LCD-TV-Picture-Cardboard-Boxes-House-Moving-Removal-/182581910672?hash=item2a82badc90:g:WrwAAOSwCU1YsX~0

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/3213564
  • George_Michael
    George_Michael Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    takman wrote: »
    Use tape/other boxes to fix the TV box and then send it in that.

The only problem in doing that is if the TV gets damaged whilst in transit, it's highly likely that both the courier company and Argos will use the fact that the box had been taped up and repaired as an excuse to pass the liability onto the OP.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure